question about updating

mustang229

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
im currently on 2.2(ROOTED),now when Gingerbread comes out to the public and i update to it,i understand i will lose my root,but it wont mess up my Evo in any way correct?

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Oh jeez.

When gingerbread comes out, the rooting/hacking community will have it ready for flashing on your phone before sprint will ever consider pushing an OTA for it. I guarantee it.

Now, if you want to update to gingy when sprint pushes it (pointless btw, because some lovely fellow at XDA will have it in a flashable rom in under an hour when it gets released from sprint), then id just unroot using the unrooting sticky in the hacks section, then accept the OTA.

No muss, no fuss.

Reactions: mustang229

mustang229

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Oh jeez.

When gingerbread comes out, the rooting/hacking community will have it ready for flashing on your phone before sprint will ever consider pushing an OTA for it. I guarantee it.

Now, if you want to update to gingy when sprint pushes it (pointless btw, because some lovely fellow at XDA will have it in a flashable rom in under an hour when it gets released from sprint), then id just unroot using the unrooting sticky in the hacks section, then accept the OTA.

No muss, no fuss.

ohhhh that awesome! haha thanks dude,didnt know that..looks like I will just wait untill they come out with the flash for gingerbread for my Rooted 2.2 Froyo

Caitlyn McKenzie

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Don't even expect Gingerbread for a good few months. I would be shocked if we see an official EVO Gingerbread update before February. And that's assuming HTC even gives the EVO an update in the first place! They never promised a Gingerbread update.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12