Update HTC and Problems exist

jspeers89

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
I just recently did the HTC over the air update and my messaging seems alot slower. Where as before when i would text the predective text would pretty much keep speed but now it is so slow that it is missing typed characters and producing many errors that I have to go back and fix or type really slow so that this issue does not exist. Has anyone else experienced this. I do not have haptic feedback on or any tones when typing to prevent any additional slow down while texting. Thanks for the help.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Mine seems to be doing ok, i am still on stock rom. I noticed whats slow is backing out of the app.
I do on occasion have a problem with the keyboard being slow, but a reboot helps that. Something in the backround that isnt running right is the cause of the problem though.

jspeers89

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
I use the stock messenger/keyboard. It happens whenever typing text messages and replies to incoming texts. I do reboot on occassion and it does help out a little but it quickly gets to the point to where it is slow again. I have cleaned the phone of unnessary applications and have a phone that is not bogged down with a million apps saved on it or running. Wondering if a hard reboot is in my future but would like to try other options before having to set my phone up again. Thanks you guys for all the input and help and any other suggestions.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Unfortunately thats about the only solution left.
If you have cleaned out your device and its still doing it then hopefully after you hard reset you dont re-install what ever is causing the problem.

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I don't know if the stock keyboard is an app listed in manage applications (in settings), but if it is, you can try to clear data and clear cache, that may help it. Though it will probably forget any words you taught it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles