Your favorite emal app?

bocaccio13

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
I use gmails default app; but have yahoo too and refuse to use the market app for yahoo. It doesn't load my emails when i get an alert its never present in my inbox.

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
use gmail, just import the account in to gmail from the gmail page on your computer under settings. Then setup a label and filter to keep it organized.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
use gmail, just import the account in to gmail from the gmail page on your computer under settings. Then setup a label and filter to keep it organized.

That will work depending on how you have your other email setup. And depending on how you use it. If it's just a dump and you don't have filters set up and stuff that'll work great. Otherwise you need a client for the other account.

Doc

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I have tried a few e-mail programs in the few weeks I had the phone. Found the HTC and stock programs lacking. K9 was not bad and Maildroid I found to be even better though it was missing somethings that I felt would make the program easier to use.

I have been using Improved Email for the past few days and like it a lot. What I wish it had was the ability to turn off notifications for a certain period of time like Maildroid.

Note that if you install it you will find it under the name Mail.

Doc

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
That will work depending on how you have your other email setup. And depending on how you use it. If it's just a dump and you don't have filters set up and stuff that'll work great. Otherwise you need a client for the other account.

the OP or anyone can also use filters inside of gmail to re-create what they had. gmail can assign multiple labels to one email so it may take a little bit of work but shouldn't be a big deal.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I use gmails default app; but have yahoo too and refuse to use the market app for yahoo. It doesn't load my emails when i get an alert its never present in my inbox.

Yahoo mail for android is working fine for me. Perhaps if you try to uninstall it and re-install it maybe this will fix it. Just a suggestion.

I use the stock gmail app for gmail.
I use yahoo for android for my primary yahoo.
HTC Stock email client on the EVO for my work exchagne email.
The other couple of emails i have for yahoo groups i use K9. So far seems good.

I would like to try maildroid eventually when its a little more fine tuned.
maybe just 1 app isnt right for all email apps. Thats why i use several.

anon(67326)

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
Why isn't there one email app that can handle everything (POP, IMAP) and MS Exchange well? The closest is the stock HTC one but it's horrible in my opinion. Email links aren't "click-able" and integration with Exchange Calendar sucks IMO.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Why isn't there one email app that can handle everything (POP, IMAP) and MS Exchange well? The closest is the stock HTC one but it's horrible in my opinion. Email links aren't "click-able" and integration with Exchange Calendar sucks IMO.

The license for active sync is really expensive. Like 100k.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk Pro

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Surely a drop in the bucket for Google? Didn't Apple pony up (i didn't have these issues on ios)?

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G

HTC did. That's why the stock mail client supports out. K-9 and maildroid, for example, are great mail clients but don't have the money to pay for the license to do active sync.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk Pro

bmhanson

May 20, 2010
Visit site
K-9. I tested most of them when I started out and this is the only one that handled multiple email identities the way I needed.