New Swype Beta on the way?

AnnDroid

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I just read this article about a new Swype Beta that's 'on the way'.
Swype Beta Update On the way | Android Community

I've registered before, back in August during their Closed Beta, requesting to be on their notification list when the beta is released.

However, I decided to register again, under a new email. This time I got back a response asking me to click the link to activate my account and another email saying, "Thanks for registering! We will email you as soon as we re-open the Swype Beta. Thanks! The Swype Team"

I don't have a copy of an activation email or thank you from the when I registered back in August.

Edit: And it allowed me to log in with my new registration.

Wouldn't hurt to check out the Swype Beta page?

Last edited:

xSIN1134x

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Mine stopped working at midnight and I am in the beta. Anyone else out there have issues yet? Mine shows the trace but only types when manually entered as of midnight CST time.

Chewieez

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
My Swype still works but I am not using an "official beta" from their site. I got a apk from Good and EVO | Raising hell with the HTC EVO 4G I believe. works well for me though I hate their Word Prediction box...it's too big and covers up what you are typing. I know you don't need it for swyping but it's nice when manually tapping but not so nice to have it cover everything up.

I'm still not convinced that Swype is any faster for me though. I think if you are a good touchscreen typer with a good keyboard, you will be just as fast by tapping. Swype does allow one handed operation though which is great.

PreGame#AC

Oct 30, 2010
Visit site
The version I have right now has been working forever now. I don't understand why the people of swype just release the final version now.the beta is working perfect. I just typed this whole paragraph using swype with zero errors.

dboftlp

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Update to Betas

Swype's Betas run out as they release newer versions of their keyboard. New releases usually require uninstall of kb and installer and re-download from invitation email.
Personally, I'm looking forward to the next release (possibly 1st release out of beta for android) as the current one crashes pretty regularly [rooted stock, LauncherPro Plus]. I've tried other tap kb's (SwiftKey, my gf loves it b/c it popped up Marc Jacobs the 1st time she used it typing in "Mar"...), but after almost a year using Swype on different android platforms and coming from BB kb's of ancient times (like since the BB 7290s, I think I still have one around somewhere), I'm sticking with Swype and happily awaiting their improvements (and support).

EvoRoy

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
My little girl just got a Galaxy S with Swype preinstalled. I also believe Swype isn't any faster. In some ways maybe even think its slower, but one handed typing is nice.

Chewieez

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Yea mainly I notice it when I have to swype clear across the screen. It's just not that fast to swype from "a" to "p" for example, when traditionally I would just hit "a" with my left thumb and "p" with my right thumb.

I could see it working a little faster on a phone with a narrower screen. The big EVO screen is almost a curse for the Swype keyboard.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech