Skyfire installation hang

redphone

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Several weeks ago I installed Skyfire (beta) on my EVO, and then I uninstalled it. Now, it's still showing up in Downloads in the Android Market on my phone, but it's stuck, with a grayed-out button saying "Installing...," and the downloads page shows a progress bar that never actually makes any progress and also says "Installing..." I can't stop this, I can't install Skyfire, I can't uninstall/remove it (even though it's not actually installed).

At this point, I just want to get rid of it, but there doesn't appear to be a way to do so. If I go to Menu>Settings>Applications>Manage Applications Skyfire does NOT show up, so I can't do a manual uninstall here (in fact, that's how I removed it before, because I was having the same problem with it stuck on "Installing..." in the Market -- it seemed to remove it, but now it's showing up in the Market again).

Anybody else seen this with Skyfire or another app? If so, any ideas to fix it, other than a hard reset, would be appreciated! (I'm unwilling to do a hard reset at this point.)

Thanks!

redphone

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
clear the data and cache for the market under manage applications.

Awesome...thanks! I previously tried clearing the cache for Market, but I hadn't tried clearing the data. (Actually I was afraid I might screw up the Market if I cleared the data, so I hadn't tried that before.) After getting over my fear, I cleared the data, and voila -- it's fixed.

Thanks again!

[BTW, after ~2 weeks of emailing Skyfire support, they've been no help. Kudos to these forums!]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech