Evo unlock screen variations

MrNolan

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Dumb questions but I guess its gotta be asked or ill never know..

I keep seeing screenshots of the Evo with an unlock screen that has two sideways sliding tabs. One to unlock and the other for silence or vibrate. My phone still has the one downward sliding tab. My phone is fully updated so and I have searched the settings and can't seem to find any options to change it. Whats the deal?

treotraveler

Nov 26, 2009
Visit site
It's the vanilla Android screen lock. You can root and delete a couple of files for the current screen lock.

Or go to Market and download WidgetLocker for a couple bucks. The WidgetLocker in the Market is customizable....

Reactions: MrNolan

PhantomPhreak53

May 15, 2010
Visit site
It's the vanilla Android screen lock. You can root and delete a couple of files for the current screen lock.

Or go to Market and download WidgetLocker for a couple bucks. The WidgetLocker in the Market is customizable....

It's not even a couple of files. It's one file and it works great with no power menu issues.

EVO1Android

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Download Titanium Backup (Free), click the backup/restore tab then find the htc lockscreen 1.0. Click on it and choose uninstall. Then reboot your phone and you will have the vanilla lockscreen

Everytime I do follow these steps when I reboot I still have the HTC lockscreen. When I go back into Titanium Backup the file com.htc.lockscreen is grayed out and has a line through it. htc lockscreen 1.0 is no long listed but I still have the HTC screen.

Any ideas?

EDIT: Could it be the ROM I am using? I am running Baked Snack 1.7

Last edited:

PhantomPhreak53

May 15, 2010
Visit site
Everytime I do follow these steps when I reboot I still have the HTC lockscreen. When I go back into Titanium Backup the file com.htc.lockscreen is grayed out and has a line through it. htc lockscreen 1.0 is no long listed but I still have the HTC screen.

Any ideas?

EDIT: Could it be the ROM I am using? I am running Baked Snack 1.7

Very possible. I am only speaking from the stock rom. I'm not familiar with other roms.

PreGk

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
How? I don't have any options to turn it off on the lockscreen and volume buttons don't work. Am I missing something ? Thanks.

Last edited:

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
You have to replace the clock with the Google Desktop version. Otherwise you wont be able to shut off the alarm if it goes off when the phone is locked.

What he said, remove the htc lockscreen and htcdeskclock. I'd remove them with root explorer (best app evar) rather than TB but each to there own i suppose.

Reactions: Jerzyiroc