EVO slow to respond

Mrhoward

Nov 5, 2010
Visit site
I have an evo that about 2 weeks ago started to be very slow in placing phone calls sometimes it takes over 4 minutes from when I click on a number to call for it to place a call. Sometime the delay is also Is anyone else having this problem? or do I just have a bad unit? all updates are installed.

Mrhoward

Nov 5, 2010
Visit site
Have your rebooted? What apps have you installed? Is 4G on?
yup I reboot every day 4G is on it also happens on 3G and wi-fi.. several apps are installed but none beyond the factory apps are running. I am at a loss and of course sprint acts like they never heard of this happening. I was hoping to be able to fix this without taking it to the repair center.

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
yup I reboot every day 4G is on it also happens on 3G and wi-fi.. several apps are installed but none beyond the factory apps are running. I am at a loss and of course sprint acts like they never heard of this happening. I was hoping to be able to fix this without taking it to the repair center.

This is what i would do before doing a facotry reset.Grab Astro file manager from the market back up all the apps you can.It won't back up the data,just the app.Then uninstall all of them,reboot.Run your phone as normal for a little while.If the problems don't come back then you know it's a app doing it.If the problems still occur then i would try like stated above and factory reset.The reason i say remove all apps is cause one of them could be sneaking up in the background and you just can't see it.
Another thing you can do is use a app to monitor your ram.I suggest Android System info from the market.It's a nice,but simple app.If you open it up and go to the second tab,it has another area to show your memory.It also has a area that will tell you the "threshold ram" If youo are getting to close to that number you will see extreme lag and lockups.If you notice the phone getting close to that reboot.

Mrhoward

Nov 5, 2010
Visit site
This is what i would do before doing a facotry reset.Grab Astro file manager from the market back up all the apps you can.It won't back up the data,just the app.Then uninstall all of them,reboot.Run your phone as normal for a little while.If the problems don't come back then you know it's a app doing it.If the problems still occur then i would try like stated above and factory reset.The reason i say remove all apps is cause one of them could be sneaking up in the background and you just can't see it.
Another thing you can do is use a app to monitor your ram.I suggest Android System info from the market.It's a nice,but simple app.If you open it up and go to the second tab,it has another area to show your memory.It also has a area that will tell you the "threshold ram" If youo are getting to close to that number you will see extreme lag and lockups.If you notice the phone getting close to that reboot.
was thinking of uninstalling apps one by one till I find the issue...
thx

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12