Is this possible at all. I've seen only threads that talk about doing it on rooted phone. Does anyone have any insight to this?

Thanks for any feedback.
    11-09-2010 04:42 PM
    i might have overlooked multiple threads on this,
    but could you clarify what exactly you're looking to do?

-control your Evo, via PC, when connected via USB to your PC?

the title is a little hard to decipher
    11-10-2010 02:46 PM
    i was just hopping on here to find out if i need to have my phone set a certain way in order to plug it in to my computer and transfer music?
    11-10-2010 11:17 PM
    If I am not mistaken, the SDK allows you to do this. I will have to look into it.
    11-10-2010 11:19 PM
    I have also looked into ways to do this but have found no solution.

On winmo i used mobiler. Plug the phone in via usb and you could see and control your phone via pc.
    11-11-2010 12:02 AM
    There is an app called Android Screencast that will allow control of the device from a pc. Screencast is still in development, but usable. You must have a rooted device in order for it to work.
    11-11-2010 06:23 AM
    11-11-2010 06:25 AM
    I think everyone (myself included) in Buzz's shoes has found Android Screencast, but Buzz was very clear in his subject... NOT ROOTED

IF there is not a solution, there isn't, but constantly pointing out an app that does not meet the requirements (NOT ROOTED) does no one any good.
    11-11-2010 07:50 AM
    Download sdk. You can use adb commands to control your phone like to reboot, pull files ajd stuff like that. What exactly are you trying to do?
    11-11-2010 08:47 AM
    i was just hopping on here to find out if i need to have my phone set a certain way in order to plug it in to my computer and transfer music?
    plug in your phone,
    pop up box appears,
    choose 'disk drive'
    and if prompted--"mount"
    and then you can transfer files between computer and phone
    11-11-2010 10:20 AM
    Download sdk. You can use adb commands to control your phone like to reboot, pull files ajd stuff like that. What exactly are you trying to do?
    I was looking for something that I could use while at work. Plug my phone into the pc and control everything. View the phone on the pc, text, email, etc.

I tried android screencast but could not get it to work properly.
    11-11-2010 01:47 PM
    AHHHHH ok. I misunderstood what you meant, my bad =D
    11-11-2010 01:50 PM
    Its all good. This isnt a must have so i kind of forgot about it. Woukd be cool though.
    11-11-2010 02:29 PM
    I was looking for something that I could use while at work. Plug my phone into the pc and control everything. View the phone on the pc, text, email, etc.

I tried android screencast but could not get it to work properly.
    PDAnet lets you send and receive text messages, and if I remember correctly doesn't require root.
    11-11-2010 09:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD