Exchange email not pulling until client opened

yahtzee

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Using the stock email app, my email isn't pulling (instantly) until I open email and the client auto pulls my email. Sync is on and background data is on. Any suggestions?

cpolism

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
My evo has been doing the same thing. It seems that some people are having this problem and some aren't. I have been having the problem for a couple weeks now. I did find however, that "as items arrive" is causing the problem. I changed to "every hour" and it comes in. The push system isn't working, so having the phone pull every so often is good enough I guess. I've tried everything, from deleting the account and re-doing it to resetting the phone. Pretty annoying, but it only started happening after I updated my PRL & Profile. I doubt that has anything to do with it...but it happened the same day right after I did that. Hopefully we find some answers soon.

vel7wil

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Not sure if this will make a difference but in the "Accounts and Sync" under settings I have the (background data) checked.....and as far as I can see I'm not having any prolems with my exchange emails at all.....getting them pretty much as soon as they are sent.

cpolism

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
Not sure if this will make a difference but in the "Accounts and Sync" under settings I have the (background data) checked.....and as far as I can see I'm not having any prolems with my exchange emails at all.....getting them pretty much as soon as they are sent.

That is checked on mine as well. It's weird because everything is the way it's supposed to be. Just can't seem to find a fix.