Next Gen. EVO to be called the "HTC EVO Shift 4G?"

deaofly

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
God I hate keyboards, I hope it doesn't have one. Remember the Samsung instinct? Then instinct 830, and finally instinct HD. Maybe its for people who substitute the Evo with the Epic 4g for the keyboard.

CubsFanForLife

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
So this could go a number of ways...

One might argue that the term "EVO" would remain consistent with the build of a 4.3" screen and a similar form factor. The device just continues to "EVOlve" into a newer, better device.

Another possibility is that the term "EVO" could be used like Motorola and Verizon's "Droid" marketing campaign. Therefore, an EVO could be any number devices, be it the original form factor, or the rumored "Knight" device with a 3.7" screen and a slider.

I personally would like to see an HTC phone with a 4"-4.3" screen (AMOLED would be nice) and a slide out keyboard, and that is thinner than the Epic. That would be the mixture of hardware that I would prefer in a phone.

bnrbranding

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I'll be skipping any Evo successor that has a slide out anything. Evo2 better have a dual core processor, kick ass GPU, more memory, and a 4.3" sAMOLED screen.

Cubfan

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
"Shift" suggests something more than a keyboard. Something shifts. Could be a slide-out querty with a shifting screen that tilts. Or a slide-out querty that "shifts" to work in both portrait and landscape mode.

I certainly hope that the "shift" is not those stupid "surround" speakers.

caliskimmer

Retired Moderator
Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Please, no more keyboards. The Epic's was pretty bad, and it made the phone a bit too thick for my liking. I hope it's not the Knight because from the looks of it, the screen is not a dazzling 4.3" or if it was, the phone's length would be ridiculous! "Whatcha got in your pocket? A PSP? A chocolate bar?"
- "No, it's my phone"

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phantom3SE