11-17-2010 05:09 PM
42 12
tools
    if you see a slider keyboard - they blew it.
    11-15-2010 05:16 PM
    All this talk about the next generation EVO makes me feel like it might not be worth buying the current EVO now. Don't get me wrong, I really want this phone and I plan on leaving AT&T to get it. I just don't want to start a two year contract with the Sprint EVO and then an EVO 2 comes out in 6 months. Does anyone think the new EVO will come out anytime soon? If not, I am off right now to get my EVO. Yes, I know the EVO just came out a little over 4 months ago.
    11-15-2010 05:50 PM
    All this talk about the next generation EVO makes me feel like it might not be worth buying the current EVO now. Don't get me wrong, I really want this phone and I plan on leaving AT&T to get it. I just don't want to start a two year contract with the Sprint EVO and then an EVO 2 comes out in 6 months. Does anyone think the new EVO will come out anytime soon? If not, I am off right now to get my EVO. Yes, I know the EVO just came out a little over 4 months ago.
    The next generation Evo will not come out any time soon. You can run and tell that, homeboy.
    11-15-2010 06:54 PM
    So much keyboard hate!

Nobody is forcing you to get one jeez. Seems like I'm the only one that would enjoy a nice htc keyboard capable device on sprint. As I'd never touch a epic.

I hope it's like the G2, I even like that funky hinge.

::hides with flame suit on::
    11-15-2010 07:04 PM
    Then keep it. Nobody will be adding a keyboard to YOUR Evo.
    I WILL... AND YOU WILL LIKE IT

A BLUETOOTH TYPEWRITER, thats the only way you can text!!!

anyways... again, i feel either it would be a droid pro horizontal keyboard or slider

OR...
    11-15-2010 07:11 PM
    i wouldnt really agree... thats what people said when it came from the mogul to the touch pro

MOGUL

TOUCH PRO

TOUCH PRO 2

again... theres no difference besides software and camera... but still rev a and still ****ty battery. id get the evo in confidence and not worry about shape changes
    11-15-2010 07:17 PM
    i wouldnt really agree... thats what people said when it came from the mogul to the touch pro

MOGUL

TOUCH PRO

TOUCH PRO 2

again... theres no difference besides software and camera... but still rev a and still ****ty battery. id get the evo in confidence and not worry about shape changes
    Totally false. The Mogul had a QVGA screen, the Touch Pro had a VGA screen, the Touch Pro 2 had a WVGA screen. There were a number of other improvements as well (much better keyboard, better screen sensitivity, more RAM, etc.

Good luck finding anyone that owned a Touch Pro 2 and a Mogul who says the Mogul was just as good.

Sent from my HTC Evo using Tapatalk.
    11-15-2010 07:27 PM
    SE
    Totally false. The Mogul had a QVGA screen, the Touch Pro had a VGA screen, the Touch Pro 2 had a WVGA screen. There were a number of other improvements as well (much better keyboard, better screen sensitivity, more RAM, etc.

Good luck finding anyone that owned a Touch Pro 2 and a Mogul who says the Mogul was just as good.

myself personally... the mogul was a pretty good phone. not the ram portion but wasnt worth the upgrade directly from mogul to touch to touch pro2. maybe mogul to touch pro2 but not direct upgrade. i had to know the specs of each phone at the sprint store... honestly, there isnt much difference from the mogul to touch pro besides a screen and small things. just like the curve and "new curve"
    11-15-2010 07:34 PM
    I think the EVO with a slider keyboard would be awesome. I would definitely be into a phone like this. Good move HTC.
    11-16-2010 04:37 AM
    Why is everyone getting hype up over a keyboard.
    why cant 'shift' mean a shift from WIMAX to LTE or MAYBE both on the same device. Listen here people what is selling now is the word '4g' not the word keyboard. I know many of you out there have very good technical skills. Put it to use together with your imagination.
    11-16-2010 07:45 AM
    why cant 'shift' mean a shift from WIMAX to LTE or MAYBE both on the same device. Listen here people what is selling now is the word '4g' not the word keyboard. I know many of you out there have very good technical skills. Put it to use together with your imagination.
    There is already a term ("4G") in the name of this this rumored device to describe its network/data capabilities, adding a 2nd term like "shift" to describe another supposed network feature as you suggest just wouldn't make sense. We need to be realistic here, the term "shift" is likely going to represent THE major distinguishing feature of this new device vs the current Evo. I highly doubt HTC/Sprint would choose to make/market that distinguishing feature as the ability to work with another carrier's 4G network, which will have less coverage than Sprint's current 4G network. As I mentioned earlier in the thread, there is some evidence to suggest that if the Evo Shift 4G and HTC Knight are the same device, then simple logic suggests that the term "Shift" could very well refer to whatever the slider mechanism is on the HTC Knight. Its not a lack of "imagination" that's going on here, its simply people commenting on what appears to be the most likely scenario (a sliding/shifting keyboard) based on the available evidence.

Edit/Update:
    More evidence the Evo Shift 4G will indeed be the HTC Knight:

Rumors: Samsung Nexus S using fancy curved display Sprint had to pass on, HTC EVO Shift 4G is the Knight? -- Engadget
    11-16-2010 10:30 AM
    I jst came from a blackberry torch as my primary phone..i'm loving the EVO..the battery sucks though...so hello!

I highly doubt this phone is going to replace the EVO.

HTC Knight to be HTC EVO Shift 4G, a Smaller Take on the Original | Android Phone Fans
    11-16-2010 06:04 PM
    I think one of the great things about the Android platform is that it is so unlike the iPhone, which is completely uniform and sterile. This allows developers to make phones that cater to an individuals needs and desires.

I myself am still debating whether to get an Epic or an EVO. I'm a long time Blackberry user and I don't know if I am ready to leave the keyboard behind. Maybe this makes me old fashioned. There are pros and cons to both of these phones, but I kind of like the EVO a little bit more. If there were an EVO with a keyboard, I'd buy that in a second (even if the screen is a bit smaller).

It all boils down to preferences. And, thankfully, the Android market is all about individuality and customization! So, if they make a keyboard phone, why do you care? Don't but it...
    11-17-2010 11:08 AM
    myself personally... the mogul was a pretty good phone. not the ram portion but wasnt worth the upgrade directly from mogul to touch to touch pro2. maybe mogul to touch pro2 but not direct upgrade. i had to know the specs of each phone at the sprint store... honestly, there isnt much difference from the mogul to touch pro besides a screen and small things. just like the curve and "new curve"
    The Touch Pro was better than the Mogul in every imaginable way. See a comparison here:
    http://pdadb.net/index.php?m=pdacomp...1=771&id2=1363

The Touch Pro had a better processor, more RAM, better resolution screen (which was more sensitive to touch with a finger), a better keyboard, a better camera, better USB, better bluetooth, better GPS, and a better OS (which was more finger friendly). Not to mention the device looked a lot better.

In what way were they supposedly equal to you?

I can't imagine anyone that owned both of these devices saying they were equal.

The Touch Pro was light years ahead of the Mogul (it was much faster at everything). Take it from someone who owned both of them.

If you didn't know this when you were working for Sprint, then that's pretty bad...

11-17-2010 12:16 PM
    Engadget just reported that it's only the name for the Knight. Everyone go back to not caring.

--Qfg
    11-17-2010 01:25 PM
    You can't blame HTC for trying to get some of that "keyboard money" by using the EVO brand. Especially since the EVO is one of their most popular and best selling products to date. If a Palm Pre user had any reservations about jumping of that ship, this may just be reason enough to do it.

And HTC may get some of those prospective Epic buyers to look at the best selling brand on the Sprint network. It's all business.
    11-17-2010 01:27 PM
    Evo shift may be a variant with a keyboard...

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
    11-17-2010 05:09 PM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD