Youtube 1gb limit error

snake411

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm sure this has been posted here and i did, search before I made the post, i just couldn't find the solution anywhere. Did anyone figure out how to get around the youtube 1gb upload limit error. I'm talking about the error where you are uploading a file less than 1gb from your phone (doesn't matter the size or quality) and it just randomly gives you the error message stating your can't upload a file more than 1gb. I tried using both wifi and 4g and its the same thing. Please help.

Sent from my Evo 4g

snake411

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Is, that limit only imposed from uploading through your cell? Because im able to upload the same files on my pc with no problems...

Sent from my Evo 4g

snake411

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Oh. That sucks, is there any other way to upload videos to youtube? Basically, like a work-a-around?

Sent from my Evo 4g

imekul

Sep 22, 2009
Visit site
I believe uploading to YouTube through the PixelPipe app will work over 3G without any limit. May want to give that a shot.

snake411

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
I didn't have this application before... i got it now, added youtube as a pipe, and I'm uploading a 648mb file using 4g.. will let you know if it works...

I believe uploading to YouTube through the PixelPipe app will work over 3G without any limit. May want to give that a shot.

Sent from my Evo 4g

snake411

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
The results are in and pixelepipe was able to upload a 648mb video to youtube successfully!

So that's the solution for the youtube 1gb upload limit error.

Thank you very much for your help.

For anyone that searched and found this thread, if you are having the same issues listed above, just download PixelPipe from the market, go to settings, add your youtube account, then upload away! I was using 4g and uploaded a very large test file on purpose to make sure that it worked.

Again, thank you for the help in resolving this matter.

Sent from my Evo 4g

Reactions: Hubb

imekul

Sep 22, 2009
Visit site
No prob! Glad it worked!

The only thing I don't like about using PixelPipe is that it doesn't give you options to make the video private as you upload it. So if you want an unlisted/private video, you have to first upload it and then log in to your YouTube account to edit the settings.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC