Evo sent text message to the wrong recipient!

frankiepapa

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
I've had this issue with the people scrolling widget where I would touch the icon for one of my friends to sent a text and it would load up a different person from that same list, I guess it is just a sense bug. I just double check the name it loads and go from there.

---dcross9818

I have noticed this becoming a problem...all of a sudden the widget doesnt seem to work

Reustle

Nov 22, 2010
shanereustle.com
Everybody thinks these messages are going to the wrong recipients. They are not, it just looks like it is. Press and hold on a message you think was sent to the wrong person, hit view message details (something like that). You will see it was indeed sent to the correct number, but it just in the wrong message thread. When this happens on my EVO, I confirmed that it was sent to the right person.

To prevent this, don't keep a lot of messaging threads running.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
i delete all SMS threads immediately after the conversation ends or a lengthly pause. i don't like to keep a lot of text conversation history stored on my device.

hodge73

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
But this has happened a lot to me. And it has been confirmed that it was NOT in fact sent to correct recipient. More inclined to think what Darth Mo came up with might be on track except there are times when I'm texting person 1 and it sends it to person 7 who I may have not text in 3 or 4 days....

saleen2002

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
this happened to me the other nite.i was textin a few friends and knew i was sending the correct text to that person and my evo thought i wanted that text to go to some one else....lucky i didnt say anything embarrassing lol. so is there a fix for the stock sms/mms ? is there a update ?