My EVO turns 60 days old today.
    I love it.
    Lots.
    I always wanted a white one. I waited and waited and finally gave up and felt I got lucky to find a black one in stock(waaay back two months ago).

Now White EVOs are available direct from Sprint.
    Is there any legit or semi-legit way to ostensibly exchange my black EVO for a white one from Sprint?
    If not sprint, is there some other way?

I have the protection/replacement plan from Sprint if there's an angle there.

Appreciate your advice.
    11-16-2010 10:45 AM
    You could always get a white back from somewhere online. That's pretty much all the white one is. I think the stripe running up the side is also white, but you can always paint it.
    11-16-2010 10:54 AM
    Agreed. Find a retailer that has the white case for cheap and just replace it yourself. The black housing is about $15. White ones will probably be around there. Very easy to replace.
    11-16-2010 11:08 AM
    Sell your black Evo on Craigslist then turn around and buy a white Evo. Otherwise you might have to do surgery to replace the plastic housing and if you feel comfortable doing that then go for it. I myself wouldn't go that route in order have a white Evo.

I have a white Evo myself and my wife wanted the black one so we are both happy. As far as I know the sku# on the white and black Evo's are different and retail stores won't let you switch to a different color phone when doing warranty exchanges. I was able to get a different color blackberry curve through assurion insurance but that will set you back $100. You might have to be extra nice to the claims rep in order to get them to give you a different colored phone but they did it for me once. Also you might find someone on Craigslist who might be willing to do a trade with you. Make sure you meet at a Sprint store and make sure the esn is clear... don't trust anyone, call or take the phone in the store to confirm its clear to activate. These are my suggestions and I wish you luck. The white Evo is pimp!
    11-16-2010 02:36 PM
    Tell Angelina Jolie or Madonna to adopt it.
    11-16-2010 03:32 PM
    Tell Angelina Jolie or Madonna to adopt it.
    That's frigging hilarious all be it in a very wrong way...... lol :-)
    japclev likes this.
    11-16-2010 04:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD