Touch screen sometimes unresponsive?

hitman-_-45-_-

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
I had this with my original. If I put it down and used a finger to touch the screen it wouldn't respond until I touched the body of the phone with the other hand or as long as it was held.

copperavery

May 31, 2010
Visit site
unresponsive

Mine will become unresponsive at times. Just seems to have a mind of it's own. It will "cure" itself, but I haven't been able to determine any rhyme or reason for this behavior. It hasn't become a big problem, as it doesn't last long. A reboot always cures it.

callderek#AC

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
There are times when the alarm goes off that the screen is unresponsive. I go to hit snooze and nothing...hit the power button and that does it. Between snoozes it works fine, so I have to turn the alarm off then on again so the alarm doesn't go on all day. I moved to the Evo from the pre because the touch screen stopped working ...grrr. seems to be working fine lately...the last 2 days. I think these phones need to be powered off at least once a week

Doc

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
My wife's phone would not always respond when trying to bring the Task Bar down. It not only did it for her but for me too when I tried.

Was able to get a new phone from Sprint as she was in the 30 day period. Seems better but she just mentioned to me that the phone is doing it again.

Doc

vel7wil

May 17, 2010
Visit site
When mine does that I hit the back button (think its from the last open program still running) and that seems to clear mine right away

jdub__

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Started happening to me today!! I had to click and hold an icon, then release it AND THEN it started working again. I did get a System Update last night...

intheb0x

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Mine will become unresponsive at times. Just seems to have a mind of it's own. It will "cure" itself, but I haven't been able to determine any rhyme or reason for this behavior. It hasn't become a big problem, as it doesn't last long. A reboot always cures it.

just hit the home button if this ever happened and then bring the whole cluster home screens back

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

k2ldc10

May 12, 2010
Visit site
I've had issues as well on occasion where a call comes in and I can't answer. I try to slide down to answer the call and nothing happens. I hit the power button to turn the screen off and back on again, then I can unlock the screen, but the call is usually gone by then.

truslide

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
It sounds like the cpu is bogged down since it's not as responsive. If you have a lot of apps running in the background and your phone is idle then the processor could just be working extra hard and when you touch the screen its taking a few seconds longer to respond since it has to re-prioritize.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech