I posted earlier on this but didn't get much in the way of responses- But, for people that I have stored in my phonebook, randomly when someone calls it only brings up the number and not the name, so I have no idea who is calling even though it's a number I have stored in my phone.

I called Sprint and the only thing they suggested was to Clear Data from the Dialer applications, which did nothing.

I think the root of the problem is the way the call comes in-

Say I have a number stored as 800-555-1212, but when that person calls if it the phone recognizes it as 8005551212, it won't associate to that particular contact and show the name.

Any help would be really appreciated- I also went to a store and they suggested doing a factory refresh which I would rather not do....

Thanks much
    11-17-2010 04:10 PM
    search forum. unresolved known issue.
    11-17-2010 04:28 PM
    .this may be a stupid question--but just throwing it out there.

do you have Caller ID on your account?

sprint.com>sign in>scroll down to Plan Details>Highlights>Caller ID listed?
    11-17-2010 05:01 PM
    Yes, definitely have Caller ID....like I said, works for some- not others-

Sounds like it's a known issue with no resolution at this time....while that sucks!
    11-17-2010 10:55 PM
    Well, one thing that I've found helps (still doesn't resolve it on when somebody tries to call when I'm already on a call), is to edit the "-" out on the computer and re-sync. It's a LOT easier to do on the computer than on the EVO itself...
    11-18-2010 10:30 AM
    I posted earlier on this but didn't get much in the way of responses- But, for people that I have stored in my phonebook, randomly when someone calls it only brings up the number and not the name, so I have no idea who is calling even though it's a number I have stored in my phone.

I called Sprint and the only thing they suggested was to Clear Data from the Dialer applications, which did nothing.

I think the root of the problem is the way the call comes in-

Say I have a number stored as 800-555-1212, but when that person calls if it the phone recognizes it as 8005551212, it won't associate to that particular contact and show the name.

Any help would be really appreciated- I also went to a store and they suggested doing a factory refresh which I would rather not do....

Thanks much
    Sobo1 - I have the same problem on my Dinc. It all started after the Froyo 2.2 update. I contacted HTC and they are pretty responsive to the issue. I think it is more of a known issue on the Evo ( though I have the same problem on the Incredible). I would look on HTC's website and submit a ticket. I have someone helping me try and resolve this and they are pretty good at resolving the problem on the Evo, they said. But.... it is a lesser known issue on the Incredible... if HTC can't fix it, I am probably looking at a warranty replacement.

Here is the # for HTC tech support 866-449-8358

good luck.
    11-21-2010 07:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD