Long awake times

DaddyRey

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
So i am looking at my battery status and i see my up time is 112 hrs and my awake time is 100 hrs. First off, what is the difference between the two. Secondly, does this mean my phone is always running and could be causing my batter life to stink? I had been having horrible battery times. so much so that I did a reset. I definatly saw an improvement, but only lasted about two weeks. I've only reinstalled the following apps: ebay, epocrates, FML, Kayak, ScoreCenter, Angry Birds, and the Weather channel. could an app be responsible?

splmonster

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
So i am looking at my battery status and i see my up time is 112 hrs and my awake time is 100 hrs. First off, what is the difference between the two. Secondly, does this mean my phone is always running and could be causing my batter life to stink? I had been having horrible battery times. so much so that I did a reset. I definatly saw an improvement, but only lasted about two weeks. I've only reinstalled the following apps: ebay, epocrates, FML, Kayak, ScoreCenter, Angry Birds, and the Weather channel. could an app be responsible?

You obviously have an app that won't sleep. Get "Spare Parts" from the market and look in the battery history "Partial Wake" tab and that should tell you whats not sleeping. Once you find that, delete the app and problem should be gone.

Reactions: DaddyRey

DaddyRey

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
ok...did it. i searched in partial wake since last boot. this is what is listed.
Android System (4Day 22hrs)
Calendar 35 min
Internet 32 min
Dialer 23 min
Voicemail 15 min
UID 10003 (11 min)
Maps 5 min
Media 5 min

what do you make of this? all of them are mostly preinstalled apps.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Are you actually exiting out of the apps you use or are you just hitting the back button? Always use exit (usually by hitting menu and finding exit while using the app) to close it.

I bet you have it to always sync email, calendar, etc., so it's polling for new updates all of the time. These are included in your Android System so they won't be listed separetly. Go into accounts and sync in menu and unsync the apps you don't need to update all the time. This should help.

Reactions: DaddyRey

NxTech3

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
i started having that issue after updating to Fresh 3.4.0.1. Im using all the same apps i have been, never had an issue until the update.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781