First Time Here

blade111

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Hi Everyone,

First time here. I just got my Evo lastweek and before I do anything like, (rooting it), I thought I stop here first and see what everyone thinks. First, I have software 3.30.651.2, can I still ROOT and would it hurt if I did the update to 3.30.651.3 and still be able to ROOT?

Second, I have read good and bad things about app killers, do they really hurt the phone in some cases I have read about?

Thanks for your help everyone
Blade111

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site
A task killer is 100% unnecessary on the Evo. If you haven't done that update yet, don't do it. You can root the latest update, but there's an extra step you have do so you're better off sticking with the .2. If you decide to root I strongly recommended using the root method in the sticky in the hacks section. Also, for any questions regarding root, it's best to post them in the hacks section. You'll get a faster response there. Hope to see you there! You'll be having fun in no time :cool:

truslide

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
Welcome, I agree with Jerzy. Please ask questions before doing anything. There has been a lot going on with people messing up the rooting of their phones, so if you plan on doing it, then I suggest you read a little bit, ask some questions, and if you're not comfortable, ask for our help. There are member who will walk u through it step by step.

The Android OS manages its task or activities VERY well. When you start reading about android you'll learn that. task killers are not necessary and they are not recommended because the abruptly end processes rather than letting them run their course and go dormant. each app should be designed to quit itself out, have a quit option, or be able to be "Backed" out of.

developer.android.com

that is a good site too. anyway... read this too

A Dummies Guide To Android Terminoligy & Lingo - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

solo1

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Rooting opens up a whole new world ... its like heaven ... I am not rooted simply because my EVO is GREAT for what I need it for as is.

As far as the Task Killers ... Simply put ... If you have to ask whether you should use it or not ... I recommend you don't .. Android does the work for you. ;)

bridic

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
As posted before, you will have + and - for the task killers but do you need them, no. Personally I do not use one nor will I. Before rooting, read...read...read. And when you can't read anymore, the you are ready to read a little more.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1