New Evo Shift/Knight 4G coming through FCC

eye4ni

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I will actually be very disappointed if the next evo has a keyboard. I doubt that I will upgrade. I hate moving parts on a phone, no slide-out qwerty's for me.

intheb0x

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
as others pointed out, it seems as if Sprint is going to make a line of phones out of the "Evo" name. Kind of like Verizon and the Droids. So the Evo Shift or whatever it may be called will be a variant, with the current gen evo being the top dog.

i personally think its a great idea, everyone knows what the evo is, knows its name well..

myalover

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm not down for a slide out keyboard either, but I'm interested in what's coming down the pipe. Just looking forward to the actual next gen Evo.

EGOliath

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
My last phone was the Motorola Cliq... The slide out keyboard is not an option. Im kinda sad about HTC coming out with a new phone so soon. I just got my EVO.

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
I doubt this will be Sprint's next flagship phone. Seems kind of early for that. Regardless, nice to have more options for handsets.

enzofall

Aug 12, 2010
www.youtube.com
HTC Evo Shift 4g / Knight?

I just wanted to see evo owners thoughts on it. We you could consider switching to an Evo with a keyboard if this thing is real? What would it take for you to switch?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

pre1561

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
If your talking about a hard keyboard then no way. I get really fast on my touch screen keyboard, I don't like hard keyboards at all.

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
The phone seems awesome but there are a couple if things that I don't understand about the device. Why would they decrease the screen size and why would they get rid if the front-facing camera? It doesn't seem like the high end device that people were hoping for. The only thing I could think of is that it wasn't meant to be the EVO replacement. Maybe we will see i've if those next summer.

Marty1781

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
The phone seems awesome but there are a couple if things that I don't understand about the device. Why would they decrease the screen size and why would they get rid if the front-facing camera? It doesn't seem like the high end device that people were hoping for. The only thing I could think of is that it wasn't meant to be the EVO replacement. Maybe we will see i've if those next summer.

No idea why they would remove the front-facing camera. As far as decreasing the screen size, this is just my opinion, but I imagine it might have something to do with keeping the device pocketable. With no physical keyboard, a 4.3" screen makes sense so that the virtual keyboard can be as big as possible and easier to type on. With a physical keyboard though, HTC would be adding increased thickness to the device and when you add a 4.3" screen on top of that, the end result could be a very big device that may be too big for some (at least the current Evo is thin making it pocketable). Also, some would argue that because of the physical keyboard, the usability/size of the virtual keyboard takes on less importance and so you can afford to sacrifice that somewhat with a smaller screen because you now have a physical QWERTY. Again, this is just my opinion, I have no idea if any of this is actually what is going on, just putting some ideas out there as to why the screen size may be decreased on the Evo Shift 4G. I don't think the Evo Shift 4G will be meant as a replacement for the Evo. My guess is Sprint is probably going to make a line of Evo devices (like Verizon does for "Droid") and that we probably won't see a true Evo2 until sometime this Spring/Summer.