Screen flashes on and then off once every so often?

Eazy123

Jun 14, 2010
www.grafxone.com
I've been having this happen for the last day now. I will sit there with my Evo on the table, screen off, and every so often the screen will just come on and after 2-3 seconds the screen will shut off again. Has anyone had this problem before?

project.in.process

May 18, 2010
Visit site
mine has done this, too.

check your GPS settings

i noticed mine only did it if my GPS was on & that the GPS icon was animated while the screen lit up--i guess it was polling my location to update something like Maps or Latitude

i turned off GPS (for a battery save mainly) and haven't had this issue since.

just something to try/look for.

Eazy123

Jun 14, 2010
www.grafxone.com
Yea, I have been noticing this also. Not sure on whats been causing it, but am curious to hear what others have to say.

How long has it been happening to you, as far as you've noticed? It seems to be a recent thing for me...almost wondering if some new app is causing it.

Eazy123

Jun 14, 2010
www.grafxone.com
mine has done this, too.

check your GPS settings

i noticed mine only did it if my GPS was on & that the GPS icon was animated while the screen lit up--i guess it was polling my location to update something like Maps or Latitude

i turned off GPS (for a battery save mainly) and haven't had this issue since.

just something to try/look for.

Checked, but it's off. My GPS is almost always set to off, I have Tasker set to turn the GPS on when I open Navigation and off when it exits, so I never turn it on manually. I also keep a GPS widget which is currently off.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
i noticed this a few days ago, and also noticed each time it happened my exchange account was syncing. After hours it goes from always connected to every 30 minutes. But that might have been just a coincidence.

sakasune

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Happening to me too...thought I was going insane at first. I don't think its my GPS, I don't see the GPS icon when it flashes on. I think the only new app I've installed before this was happening is PowerAMP. Anyone else have that installed? Using the built in lock screen widget? That's my only guess...

Eazy123

Jun 14, 2010
www.grafxone.com
Happening to me too...thought I was going insane at first. I don't think its my GPS, I don't see the GPS icon when it flashes on. I think the only new app I've installed before this was happening is PowerAMP. Anyone else have that installed? Using the built in lock screen widget? That's my only guess...

Yep, me too. I did notice under settings that my Twitter account was set to automatically sync (I set it up in the last 3 weeks), so I set that to manual. I was wondering if PowerAMP had anything to do with it, though...

unixpsycho

Oct 26, 2009
Visit site
This has been pissing me off! I uninstalled Twitter and a bunch of things and its still doing it! The only left is PowerAmp, but i like it too much to uninstall.

Eazy123

Jun 14, 2010
www.grafxone.com
And now I noticed that all of my icons shrunk, and my Pandora widget stretched itself past the screen's width, which is REALLY odd. I reloaded a saved scene and it went back to normal. Weird...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20