Evo as a business phone? I think so......

eye4ni

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I run a small business, and over the past few months I have started using my Evo in ways I never would have imagined. For anyone who says that the Evo is not a business phone, I beg to differ.....

- I use a tablet pc (motion computing le1700) for taking notes when meeting with clients. It is a pen-based tablet, and I take inked notes in Evernote, these notes are synced to the cloud, and always available for viewing/editing on my Evo. My notes go everywhere that I go. Another neat app, Gmote, lets me use my Evo as a keyboard for my tablet (motion le1700 is a slate, and on screen keyboard blows).

- I use my camera daily to take pictures of projects, and upload them to my dropbox folder, where I can open them on any of my pc's. I also use the camera to take pictures of completed projects, where I then post them to my website from my Evo (I use wordpress as a CMS on my website). I also post them to my Facebook fan page etc.

- I use Gtasks to keep track of my daily to-do's, which I can enter on my Evo, or from my Gmail on the pc. I am a Google Apps (business) user, so my email is all run through Gmail, which has been great. Instantly pushed to my device just like blackberry.

- My business card has my Google Voice number listed as my cell phone number. I also use Google Voice as my primary voice mail system. I love the customization that it allows. My friends do not get the business voicemail greeting, and messages are very easy to organize, and I never have to delete any of them.

- Occasionally, when driving to meet with potential clients, I will use Google Navigation. I don't even need a stand-alone gps unit anymore, Google Navigation is much better IMO.

- One of my favorites: I have started using paynet systems mobile app for accepting credit cards. I often take credit card payments over the phone or in person when meeting with my clients. The paynet systems app allows you to key-in a credit card transaction or use the optional bluetooth swiper. Works great, and paynet offers great customer support.

- Chase Mobile banking. I'm sorry, but this is just freakin' amazing. A customer pays me by check. I can deposit this check into my business checking account without ever leaving my desk. I snap a picture of the front and back of the check with my Evo, and it is deposited into my account. I can also transfer funds between accounts directly from my Evo and pay bills.

This list could go on and on, but you get the point. Obviously, using my evo for all of these things, I use a seidio 3500 extended battery, because I refuse to plug my phone in until I go to bed at night. Not sure about the rest of you, but I can't wait to see what we are doing with our smartphones in another 5 years....

4cdndctn

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Outside of a little email functionality that is missing, I agree. I am very impressed with the Evo, Android, and my Sprint service.

cpolism

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
absolutely agree with you. I'm using mine for heavy business use as well. Every day just gets easier and easier with it. Worries me that if something ever happened to it I'd be SOL. It would be a HUGE step back...to like may 2010 if something every happened to it.

bclinger#IM

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
I wish I could go all day with my 3500ma Seidio battery. Anyway, out of the box, it just plain bites.

No Office stuff, so other than Documents to Go, it is Documents to Go. The other suites have more issues than DTG has ever had on any platform.

The on-sceen keyboard - I purchased an alternative keyboard, as I cannot for the life of anything get more than 2 words right in 2 minutes.

The Bluetooth implementation is a joke. I have to reset my device at least once a day to make sure that it operates properly. If not, then when the call comes in, transferred to the headset, no noise in the headset. Reset and it works fine the rest of the day.

Browsing the file system - you can the card, not the device.

Call announcement. Goodness. My TP2 with the Bluetooth headset enabled (never, ever had to reset it for any reason at all), everything went to the headset. No one ever, never ever heard anything from it. The Evo - the world knows when a call comes in, an email is received, an alarm is sounded, et cetera. You want that in an office environment?

The device is fast though.

vel7wil

May 17, 2010
Visit site
my evo runs circles around my old phone (palm pre). i love this phone

Yep, I've had mine since launch date and it has been essential in my day to day run and gun hectic lifestyle...I'm not tied to my desk as I use to be and can actually get out do things and at the same time have access to everything I have access to at the office.

sincityk9

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I have my schedule on line with Google, I tap on the address and it takes me right to my gps. I give my customer a call to confirm the appointment and i'm on my way. Super nice and fast.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1