Speedtest.net App odd results

flyboy28802

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I downloaded the Speedtest.net app and the results I am getting don't make sense. I tried running it at work using our WIFI and I get a down load of 500kbps down and 4.5mbps up. WTF??? If I run the same test on the PC I get compreable numbers up/dn of ~4.3 mbps.

I also get the same odd results running over 3g as well, I get alot higher upload than down. Could it be the application issue with the Speedtest.net or something with my phone? When on the WIFI I don't see any issues. Also when I was on a 4g site the other day and tethered to the laptop, I ran a speedtest on the Laptop and was pulling down around 2.2mbps and 500kbps on the up. I did this before I downloaded the speedtest.net app so I I am leaning towards bad reporting from the app.

Anyone else have any issues with this? Also is there any other apps or websites to run speed tests?

I am running Sprint EVO Froyo 2.2 stock.

Thanks
FB

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
One thing to try is another program, FCC Broadband test is one i use to back up SpeedTest.nets app.
Theres also another that sends larger files, which on a slower connection takes way longer and i rarely use it. However if you have all 3 and they all test the same its less likely a single program issue and more of a phone or network issue.
To test that properly you would need two EVOS running stock software and the same analyzer apps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair