DVD Commander

LoveMyPhone

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know anything about the DVD ripper "DVD Commander"? Says it can convert any DVD you own to be played on Android phone. I want to purchase but would feel "safer" if someone had experience with it. I need something simple to use ;)

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Just a reminder, posting links to programs that allow pirating (the legal definition) is not allowed in the forums and will result in an infraction being given.

Feel free to discuss such programs, but do not post links or point to places where to get them.

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I use Handbrake, it is free and has never let me down.

PS is it illegal to covert a dvd I own to a portable format?

No, but there's been plenty of threads like this where people started asking and giving site links of where to download movies aka pirate. So he's really just giving a warning so that doesn't happen again.

d3xn2o

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
No, but there's been plenty of threads like this where people started asking and giving site links of where to download movies aka pirate. So he's really just giving a warning so that doesn't happen again.

Yea What Jerzy Said...

Personally I just hand my DVD - Blu Rays to my buddy and he Rips them for me...

IDK what he uses Sorry

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Time to get technical. It's not the encoding of the movie into a portable format that's illegal. It's breaking the copy protection scheme used to stop you from doing it. So if you have a program that circumvents the copy protection to convert the DVD to a portable format (which they ALL have to do to gain access to the proper files) that program is doing something illegal. Actually having a digital copy of the movie isn't necessarily illegal, but the method that has to be used to make it is.

Ripping - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Read the Legality section.

truslide

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
I know man he went like... super posting one weekend or something. Once he became a mod he was slamming threads! I love it haha...

I'd love to get movies onto my Evo... I bet it'd suck the battery life out of it tho... There's also the issue of the compatibility of the video file.

d3xn2o

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I know man he went like... super posting one weekend or something. Once he became a mod he was slamming threads! I love it haha...

I'd love to get movies onto my Evo... I bet it'd suck the battery life out of it tho... There's also the issue of the compatibility of the video file.

The do... Its Horrible but still haha

I haven't had an Issue with Video Compatibility honestly...

off topic here but does anyone know the Format Samsung uses for the AVATAR movie?

My buddy and I extracted it and pushed it to his EVO but its unplayable

Special Sammy format or something? :confused:

dougeetx

Pimpin' Ain't Easy
Jun 11, 2010
Visit site

I have movies on my EVO and it actually doesn't drain my battery anymore than normal. If you want the movies, just PM me and I'll tell you where I get my MP4 movies from.

prakash99

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
I use a imtoo dvd ripper on my computer but I rip as regular avi. After all Act 1 Video Player can play almost any format.

Sent from Verizon Samsung Fascinate using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781