12-30-2010 11:36 AM
140 12345 ...
tools
    Just out of couristy, how many email accounts can you add to the Evo 4g?
    12-06-2010 07:07 AM
    Also, can i add more pages for apps?
    I hate the fact that all the apps are just on one page. Its all clustered up together and annoying in a way. Also, can i just keep charging the battery without killing it? like the Palm Pre.
    12-06-2010 07:14 AM
    The EVO is a great phone but i'm going to give you the non fanboy advice. I would not waste an upgrade on the EVO.. It is older technology and compared to the Epic on battery life it just plane sucks. If you are a heavy phone user then you will get the most of 4 hours out of you phone before it needs charging. The camera is garbage at best and you can hang video recording up. The phone lags a bunch and 4g is a joke because the battery will drain even quicker with it on and right now 4g isn't working properly as it will slow your phone down temendously until you reboot it.

I HP puts out a phone that has similar specs such as screen size I would jump ship immediately as Webos is far more superior than any other OS out there hands down!!!

This is coming from a guy that has rooted the phone and tried multiple Roms on it to improve its perforance and battery life. I also have viewed Gingerbread and don't see anything changed with the prehistoric OS UI and functunality.

Can't wait until HP brings out a product that is worthy of all the hipe.

This is also coming from a guy that likes the phone alot but it has too many flaws to place it as above average.
    Google and IOS really need to come with my intuitiveness. One gets bored with a phone that is filled with just icons of applications and no true multitasking.

I agree that you might want to wait due to some of the issues noted above and, probably more importantly, that Sprint will or should have multiple options coming out hopefully in January that should be worth considering. Given that you have a Pre and I'm assuming that you don't mind having a good qwerty keyboard, we know the WP7 HTC 7 Pro is coming, the rumored HTC EVO Shift 4G could be a nice option with much improved battery life over the EVO, then whatever HP Palm brings (hopefully a flagship qwerty - Pre2 or not).

That's the main reason that I'm holding tight for a couple more weeks to at least see or try in person some of the new options that Sprint will hopefully have around CES.
    12-06-2010 01:10 PM
    Also, can i add more pages for apps?
    I hate the fact that all the apps are just on one page. Its all clustered up together and annoying in a way. Also, can i just keep charging the battery without killing it? like the Palm Pre.
    I'm finally ready to see what is so awesome about Androids.. especially the HTC EVO.
    12-06-2010 01:22 PM
    I'm finally ready to see what is so awesome about Androids.. especially the HTC EVO.
    LMAO...You just created a webos "appreciation" thread about a day ago at Precentral lol.
    12-06-2010 02:01 PM
    Is possible that i can make another page to put the apps in?
    12-06-2010 02:22 PM
    I made the move from pre to EVO a few weeks ago. Things that stand out for me:

1. Pre's multi-tasking (cards) is much easier/useful than Android's. I would say, WebOS ui in general is better.

2. EVO/Android, has lots to play with--you won't get bored.

3. Pre's battery lasts longer than EVO.

4. EVO is much faster.

5. EVO is more stable.

6. Less hacks needed to make your EVO or android device do what you want it to.

7. I prefer Pre's hardware keyboard to EVO's soft keyboard. But that is the price you pay for a much more usable/large screen.

8. Mail application on EVO/Android does not support Exchange Tasks. 3rd party app I tried supports Tasks but doesn't support additional POP accounts. Likewise "Tentative" option is not supported in Exchange meeting invitations. If you don't use exchange, then don't worry.

9. Way more apps available for Android. And, I think WebOS will never catch up/catch on, unfortunately.

10. EVO's camera is way better than Pre's although flash is too strong for close-ups.

11. Speaking of Flash...Android has Adobe Flash support and pre doesn't. Big deal for me.
    12-06-2010 03:47 PM
    I made the move from pre to EVO a few weeks ago. Things that stand out for me:

1. Pre's multi-tasking (cards) is much easier/useful than Android's. I would say, WebOS ui in general is better.

2. EVO/Android, has lots to play with--you won't get bored.

3. Pre's battery lasts longer than EVO.

4. EVO is much faster.

5. EVO is more stable.

6. Less hacks needed to make your EVO or android device do what you want it to.

7. I prefer Pre's hardware keyboard to EVO's soft keyboard. But that is the price you pay for a much more usable/large screen.

8. Mail application on EVO/Android does not support Exchange Tasks. 3rd party app I tried supports Tasks but doesn't support additional POP accounts. Likewise "Tentative" option is not supported in Exchange meeting invitations. If you don't use exchange, then don't worry.

9. Way more apps available for Android. And, I think WebOS will never catch up/catch on, unfortunately.

10. EVO's camera is way better than Pre's although flash is too strong for close-ups.

11. Speaking of Flash...Android has Adobe Flash support and pre doesn't. Big deal for me.
    Ahh..Well said. Precentral is looking boring these days. Hence i decided its time to move on. I loved the Pre like a child, but i dont want to deal with its shenanigans anymore. I dont want to make excuses for it anymore. I want a phone that doesnt erase everything i worked hard to accomplish already lol (saved game data).
    12-06-2010 03:53 PM
    A page? No. But what you can do is create folders on your pages and have the apps reside in those. Sort of like your Windows desktop with folders and then shortcuts of programs inside those folders.
    12-06-2010 04:15 PM
    A page? No. But what you can do is create folders on your pages and have the apps reside in those. Sort of like your Windows desktop with folders and then shortcuts of programs inside those folders.
    Thats a good idea! Thanks
    12-06-2010 04:17 PM
    I just came from the Pre to the Evo and I loved the Pre, but that ****ty hardware had to go, I couldn't deal with it anymore after a year. Were it not for Preware I would have dumped the phone long ago because the vanilla Pre is an abysmal phone stock, compared to the competition.

I too was holding out for a new Palm phone after new years, but not anymore. I'll give them a year to iron out the wrinkles in WebOS 2.0 before I switch back over.

The battery on the Evo is worse than the Pre, but I'm almost always plugged in so it's all good. Take the plunge, this phone does everything a patched Pre does and then some.
    12-06-2010 04:49 PM
    I just came from the Pre to the Evo and I loved the Pre, but that ****ty hardware had to go, I couldn't deal with it anymore after a year. Were it not for Preware I would have dumped the phone long ago because the vanilla Pre is an abysmal phone stock, compared to the competition.

I too was holding out for a new Palm phone after new years, but not anymore. I'll give them a year to iron out the wrinkles in WebOS 2.0 before I switch back over.

The battery on the Evo is worse than the Pre, but I'm almost always plugged in so it's all good. Take the plunge, this phone does everything a patched Pre does and then some.
    Yeah i hear you. i was waiting too, then i decided to do the same thing you're doing. I'll just buy a couple of extra batteries. Hopefully i dont have to wait a year for the Evo to power up too lol. The Pre was atrocious at booting up. It takes a lifetime to come on.
    12-06-2010 04:53 PM
    Yeah i hear you. i was waiting too, then i decided to do the same thing you're doing. I'll just buy a couple of extra batteries. Hopefully i dont have to wait a year for the Evo to power up too lol. The Pre was atrocious at booting up. It takes a lifetime to come on.
    Seems to be less than 2 minutes to boot up for mine.
    12-06-2010 05:00 PM
    i left for the evo and i dont regret it. still if palm pulls their act together i would come back. right now, the evo is a much better choice and it doesnt seem like sprint will be getting any new palm any time in the near future.
    12-06-2010 05:11 PM
    right now, the evo is a much better choice and it doesnt seem like sprint will be getting any new palm any time in the near future.
    You're so right about this. I'll always love webos, but sometimes changes aren't bad either.
    12-06-2010 05:29 PM
    Im doing the same thing my friend..This phone really got the best of me when I was headed on a 3 hour flight to Vegas and played and simple game for less than 45 minutes and when I got off the flight to power it up it was at 40 percent. All while in airplane mode ...Trully there will be better products after the New Year just like this guy has stated..I want the Epic so bad but don't think I can deal with Samsungs horrible service..But believe me I am very much waiting on a new HP phone..with windows7 or the superior Webos OS. I can't understand why people are so fascintate with scrolling left to right!!
    12-06-2010 09:50 PM
    Yes you can with sense you have like pages to scroll left to right with...Nothing spectacular like stacking cards. lol
    12-06-2010 09:51 PM
    Ahh..Well said. Precentral is looking boring these days. Hence i decided its time to move on. I loved the Pre like a child, but i dont want to deal with its shenanigans anymore. I dont want to make excuses for it anymore. I want a phone that doesnt erase everything i worked hard to accomplish already lol (saved game data).
    Many of these are not really pluses though when you really think about it..its supposed to be better, faster, camera is supposed to be superior because of how fast technolgy in this market is advancing. A phone 1 year ago when it was to be matched up to an already prehistoric Iphone wouldn't be near the specs of the Evo..

Like I said I wouldn't waste the upgrade buddy.
    12-06-2010 09:56 PM
    Palm pre = Yugo
    EVO = Bentley
    12-06-2010 10:58 PM
    Many of these are not really pluses though when you really think about it..its supposed to be better, faster, camera is supposed to be superior because of how fast technolgy in this market is advancing. A phone 1 year ago when it was to be matched up to an already prehistoric Iphone wouldn't be near the specs of the Evo..

Like I said I wouldn't waste the upgrade buddy.
    Yeah...I can get another upgrade through my airave lol...So its all good.
    12-06-2010 11:32 PM
    Just switched from the Pre last week myself. Even though I did like the pre I don't think I'll really miss it much. Evo seems to be built a lot more solidly and is way faster than the pre. I had several hardware related problems with my pre and wasn't sure how much longer it would last. It sounded like pre 2 may have addressed some of that but when I found out Sprint wasn't going to carry it I decided to start looking for something else. I might miss webos a little, but there are enough bells and whistles on the evo to keep me content for a while. Seems to be a lot more apps available as well. I say go for it and enjoy.
    12-07-2010 08:34 AM
    Evo running webos would be awesome!
    12-07-2010 08:43 AM
    Evo running webos would be awesome!
    Pre users think WebOS is a lot better than it really is.
    12-07-2010 08:51 AM
    The EVO blows the Palm Pre away!!!!
    12-07-2010 08:51 AM
    Pre users think WebOS is a lot better than it really is.
    Actually, I think at its core WebOS itself really is better than Android. The biggest problem is that it is missing some key functionality, so many of Android's most useful apps just aren't possible on WebOS. That combined with crappy hardware and a complete marketing failure on Palm's part have pretty much made WebOS a total flop. If HP/Palm step up their act and get an upgraded version of WebOS out on some killer hardware, I would definitely consider going back.

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G with Tapatalk
    igobytony likes this.
    12-07-2010 09:21 AM
140 12345 ...