HTC sense not responding

rawlo

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Every now and then I receive a message saying that my HTC sense is not responding, which ends up locking up my phone and then hits me with the message force close or wait. I'll hit force close and it:confused: jumps to an old screen saver. Does anyone have a fix for this or do I have to do a hard reset. And if I do a hard reset will I lose everything that I have saved on my phone?

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I'm not on a Sense ROM anymore, but I believe if you go to settings>applications>all you should see either HTC Sense or Sense.. If there is clear the data and cache. That might help. If you end up having to do a hard reset then yes you will lose everything. But you can back up most stuff. Download the app App Brain and sign up for their site as well. After you're all setup online and you have the app on your phone, sync your apps. You'll lose the data and settings within the app but at least you wont have to play manhunt looking for your apps. Also, make sure you sync all of your accounts in the accounts and sync section of settings. If you want to be extra sure about your contacts getting backed up, go to your contacts and hit men>Import/Export and select Export to SD card.

Reactions: rawlo

truslide

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
no i doubt it's a rogue app. It sounds more like the UI rather than an app. If it was a rogue app, anytime you launch the app it would FC. Other than that rogue apps just hog up free memory and cause the phone to lag... This sounds like Sense itself has a bug or something.

How old is your phone? Have you tried going to settings>system updates>HTC software updates...

That might help if you do have a bug in the framework somewhere...

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
no i doubt it's a rogue app. It sounds more like the UI rather than an app. If it was a rogue app, anytime you launch the app it would FC. Other than that rogue apps just hog up free memory and cause the phone to lag... This sounds like Sense itself has a bug or something.

How old is your phone? Have you tried going to settings>system updates>HTC software updates...

That might help if you do have a bug in the framework somewhere...

of course a rogue app could interfere with HTC Sense.

truslide

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
of course a rogue app could interfere with HTC Sense.

it could, but wouldn't that app need to be launched, or processed in the background in order for the sense UI to keep FC'ing?

OP, do you notice anything before you get the FC message? A particular app you launch? pressing the home screen button? anything like that?

Artistic-aviary

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
I had this problem with my phone for almost half a year. I would get the "HTC Sense is not responding" message over and over again, and it would cause my phone to lag and be generally unusable. None of the solutions I could find on the internet worked, and I tried just about everything to fix it-- I restored my phone to factory settings multiple times, spent hours and hours on the phone with HTC's crummy customer service trying to diagnose the issue, had them replace the phone, and bought a larger SD card. Finally, when nothing else worked and the problem still kept rearing its ugly head, I took the phone to a local AT&T dealer and had them replace the SIM card.

BINGO! Solution found!

If anyone ever has this issue, skip all the fooling around that I initially went through. Back up your contects through a google account and have an AT&T representative replace the SIM card. Voila! Your problem should be fixed. ;)

eldub1

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like you have your apps on the internal memory of your phone. Start moving your apps to your card in the manage app settings.

asd216

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I had this problem with my phone for almost half a year. I would get the "HTC Sense is not responding" message over and over again, and it would cause my phone to lag and be generally unusable. None of the solutions I could find on the internet worked, and I tried just about everything to fix it-- I restored my phone to factory settings multiple times, spent hours and hours on the phone with HTC's crummy customer service trying to diagnose the issue, had them replace the phone, and bought a larger SD card. Finally, when nothing else worked and the problem still kept rearing its ugly head, I took the phone to a local AT&T dealer and had them replace the SIM card.

BINGO! Solution found!

If anyone ever has this issue, skip all the fooling around that I initially went through. Back up your contects through a google account and have an AT&T representative replace the SIM card. Voila! Your problem should be fixed. ;)
The evo has no sim card. You must be in the wrong forum.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2