The power button on top of the phone is not working. I can not lock my phone when I press the button. So the screen is on all the time. Lol. So what are my options? I got my phone in July. Can I bring it back to Sprint? Is there a manufacturers warrenty? All help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks all!
    12-05-2010 05:11 PM
    Sprint will fix it, its covered in the 1 year HTC warranty.
    evang07 likes this.
    12-05-2010 06:21 PM
    Well that sounds good will it be with a refurbished device or a new one and what will be the process as in time to get a new device and what will I have to do? Thanks again.
    12-05-2010 06:58 PM
    Hmm...what If I bought my evo from a craigslister? Do I have a warranty?...I'm having the same issue as the poster.

sent from the current baddest cell phone on the planet.....the HTC Evo 4G
    12-05-2010 08:46 PM
    Hmm...what If I bought my evo from a craigslister? Do I have a warranty?...I'm having the same issue as the poster.

sent from the current baddest cell phone on the planet.....the HTC Evo 4G
    Cant hurt to ask all they can say is no. The EVO is only available on Sprint so essentially every EVO out there is a sprint phone no matter where you got itso i would think the Sprint would fix it for you.

Later,
    Dave
    12-05-2010 09:19 PM
    I know I've read about it on various posts before but how can I back up my apps I know the data is on the SD card but when I get my phone I want to have all my apps able to be downloaded without me having to look for them again. Thanks again. I'm always on this website. It is so helpful
    12-05-2010 10:39 PM
    If you do not have ESRP or TEP on the line, it will be a $35 charge for Sprint to fix it. If you have ESRP/TEP, it will be free of charge. Most likely, you'll get a replacement device which will be a refurb. If it doesn't work, they will be happy to keep ordering replacements until you get one that does work.

No ESRP or TEP and don't want to pay $35, call HTC for repair.
    12-05-2010 10:48 PM
    I hope i done sound too ignorant but what is ESRP/TEP? Is it the insurance?
    12-05-2010 10:52 PM
    ESRP = Equipment Service and Repair = $3/mo

TEP = ESRP + Insurance = $7/mo
    evang07 likes this.
    12-05-2010 11:37 PM
    Thank you. I do have insurance so I will bring it to Sprint tomorrow and see how everything goes.
    12-05-2010 11:49 PM
    bump for update from OP
    04-29-2011 02:52 AM
    Took phone to Sprint. They ended up ordering me a phone. Took a week I believe to get it. Went and picked it up and had sprint activate it and gave them the broken phone. No fees or charges because I have the monthly insurance. I'm pretty sure it is refurbished even tho the sales associate tried telling me it wasn't. Idk not a big deal I suppose. Sometimes the vibrate will stop working and that includes the vibrate that happens when typing also.
    05-02-2011 12:58 PM
    I hope it didn't cost you any money. My wife and I both had Palm PRE's for a year and they were replaced multiple times within the year without having any kind of Sprint insurance on our plan. I'm pretty sure that Sprint will take care of you within the first year regardless of what insurance you have (or don't have).
    05-02-2011 02:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD