Evo's Speaker is Toast

sr20xe

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
My speaker on my evo has sort of broken. When volume is either low or high, notifications and music/video audio is muffled and poor because of a flaw somewhere in the speaker. It has only happened lately and used to be fine for the first three months I have had it. My question is, will using the max volume always make this happen, is this happening to anyone else, will sprint replace the speaker for free. Thanks in advance.

d3xn2o

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
My speaker on my evo has sort of broken. When volume is either low or high, notifications and music/video audio is muffled and poor because of a flaw somewhere in the speaker. It has only happened lately and used to be fine for the first three months I have had it. My question is, will using the max volume always make this happen, is this happening to anyone else, will sprint replace the speaker for free. Thanks in advance.

If you have Insurance they will fix it for you...

If not then just get it off Ebay or something

My buddy replaced his it literally took 5 minutes to do... Super Easy he said

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site

i'm curious - do you think you damaged it by constantly playing audio too loud?

NxTech3

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
I never keep any speaker at the loudest setting, your just asking for it to blow. if you have TEP/ESRP S&R will replace it for you no charge, if not, the its $35

d3xn2o

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Its actually not a speaker in its true form tho fellas...

Apparently Its like a Vibrating Wire

not the conventional Speaker u would be used to seeing...

Crimson

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Yes and you're free to call HTC and deal with them.

However, if you want Sprint to fix it and you don't have ESRP or TEP, it's $35.

Really sprint now charges $35 for warranty repairs? Thats messed up. Makes TEP more valuable I guess.

reynoldsrobbie

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I had mine replaced about a month ago along with the screen. My phone is always on vibrate and rarely watch a you tube video and mine blew out??? I think Sprint would fix it for free since its a manufactures defect?

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
is it possible that water or dirt got in the grill and damaged the speaker? i'm usually inclined to blame user error or abuse before defect.

tndank

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Really sprint now charges $35 for warranty repairs? Thats messed up. Makes TEP more valuable I guess.

Yep. When they changed to the $35 fee they added most physical damage to it. Cracked screens, etc. are now covered. Most everything is outside of liquid damage and a broken main board are now covered.

As for the speaker, there is a problem with EVO speakers. Techs have been alerted to replace the speaker covers whenever one comes through the shop. Not sure if they are waiving the $35 fee for non-TEP/ESRP folks for this problem, but it's something Sprint knows about and is trying to fix.

sr20xe

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Thanks everyone, I do have insurance and will have sprint fix it, guess i shouldnt leave the volume all the way up, all the time.