EVO and QIK video chat on Fringe

Bujin#IM

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
Sprint's really investing on Fringe time. Tonight Peter and Astride had a video chat on their EVO's, clearly using Qik. Pretty neat.

Last edited:

Lockeskidney

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Sprint's really investing on Fringe time. Tonight Peter and Astride had a video chat on theory EVO's, clearly using Qik. Pretty neat.

haha i just saw this. i sent a tip in with screen caps
ElOfT.png

PNY9P.png

LnsCW.png

d3xn2o

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Yea I saw this last night... It was a decent Episode too...

but we need to Point out not only the Evo it there was an EPIC as well

imtravis

Jan 1, 2010
Visit site
Looks like Peter is rocking the Evo and Astrid is rocking the Epic.. either way.. I have to see that episode now (it's still on DVR)..

PapaNoHair#AC

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
Any restriction which phones can be called using Qik? I have been using Tango which will video conference with most Android phones and iPhones but if Qik if better......

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I like Qik. The only thing that annoys me is the fact that it keeps running in the background and it completely destroys your battery life. After using it, I do "exit" out of it but it's still in the background process, so I have to go into running apps and shut it down. Otherwise my EVO won't last 6 hours.

Mdorty

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I like Qik. The only thing that annoys me is the fact that it keeps running in the background and it completely destroys your battery life. After using it, I do "exit" out of it but it's still in the background process, so I have to go into running apps and shut it down. Otherwise my EVO won't last 6 hours.

Yeah, either that or choose "sign out" instead of "exit" when you're done using it.

Knyte

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Fringe 11-19-10

While this seems to make the front page; his phone was seen in great detail on 11-19-10 when he received that late night phone call about Olivia being trapped on the other side.

His phone has downloaded an updated app, has 2 voicemails, missed a call, is on vibrate, it's 10:30AM!!(ooops continuity is your friend), he's roaming, and the call is restricted.

A lot of info from a close up lol

truslide

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
Can I ask what the most updated Version of Qik is? I have 0.04.60.2

I had a video chat with my Girlfriend yesterday and she couldn't hear me, and the incoming audio was choppy. I didn't even remember about the press-to-talk, but then someone mentioned they got rid of it... so what's the case? Is my phone being buddy with Qik or is it still ptt?

truslide

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
And another thing... whats the issue with Qik contacts? I cant enter a contact into "People" because there is no label to save the Qik user name under, but when I look at my girlfriends contact information, her Qik user name is saved as com.qik.android.protocol

I'm not an avid Qik user, but I'd like to be since my girlfriend has it and we live in different states.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress