What phone did you drop for your EVO

I trashed my ________ phone

• Total voters

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
i had a Palm Centro from June 2008-June 2010 and had many Palms and Treos prior to that all the way back to 1999. i really liked that little Centro. i tried the Palm Pre on launch weekend June 2009 but was disappointed and immediately went back to my Centro. i picked up my EVO on launch day June 2010 and have never looked back.

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Scott_0 love the avatar of yours.

I had a Pre since launch day and was truly happy. I didn't have all the problems that a lot of others were having with the Pre. My son and daughter both had WebOS phones with TS chargers.

Of course right after I get totally immersed in the world of WebOS Android. takes off big time on Sprint and Palm get's sold to HP and it's the beginning of the end for a great OS. HP announces that it isn't getting into the cell phone game so the future was and is going to be very limited for any new hardware that has WebOS.

As much as I wanted to stay with Pre and WebOS the rise of Android. was something that can't be stopped. So like any good geek, I left my Beta Max behind and bought a VHS recorder. Only difference is that Google and Android. are much better then VHS.

NxTech3

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
i dropped two devices, my main was Palm Pre, my second was TP2 What pushed me over the edge was screen size, processor, camera, and oh yea, ANDROID!!!!! i used my TP2 to dual boot and it was on Android most of the time.

illwood

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I was on an old Curve 8330 and was originally waiting for the Tour 2/Bold to come to Sprint (I wanted my next phone to have WiFi) and up to the EVO, I was intrigued by the Android OS, but wasn't sure it was ready for prime-time yet.

I'm glad I made the switch, but I still respect the functionality of the 'Berries.

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I'd probably still have my Evo if I wasn't curious to know more about Android. I'm now loving my Htc Evo a lot more than my palm pre.

I was kind of hesitant about the evo screen size at one point, however, after playing around with it... I'm loving the screen size now. I don't think I want another phone with smaller screen.

Ps. I'm guessing webos will top this poll. ;)

igobytony

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Had a Pre. But I didn't drop it, more like it's hardware dropped me. Digging the EVO, but am not in the "never look back" crowd. Will definitely check out webOS again when (if) the hardware catches up.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Left my palm pre. It feels like a toy compared to the evo. Love my evo, it will take a hellluva phone to get me to leave it!!!

sent from my Evo 4g using tapatalk pro
Hey, jack... happy to see you buddy I imagine many more will realize - this is where its at. :p

SmokeCrawler

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Came from an instinct (which is a really big piece of sh*t) to my evo. Can't believe how much I can do with this phone. Best phone in my opinion

Latest posts

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante