Qik audio

truslide

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
Any ouf you guys having any issues with Qik on your Evo. I just had a video chat with my g/f and we couldn't hear each other... Anyone?

taadow1030

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I can hear my wife,but the volume is very low. Try Tango video chat. If you still have volume issues, you may need to call Sprint tech support. A relative of mine had the same issue.

truslide

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
Yea... was kind of the same issue, but I NEVER have audio output problems. I think it's Qik. Their development is horrible... I have a laundry list of issues with Qik

sfazngiants

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
i'm having low audio using qik as well. other than that i think the qik app is decent. i switched over to using fring now. difference is like night and day.

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I tried using qik and I wasn't impress. The audio wasn't all that - neither was the video quality.

Ps. This video chat thingy invades my privacy too. (Qik wanna get me into some serious problems). :):)

anon(67326)

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
Do you have version 4.60.2 "Qik for HTC EVO 4G"? That update removed the need to hold the microphone when speaking... otherwise I'm at a bit of a loss. Qik works just fine here...

truslide

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
^ yea i got the EVO update. It's dumb because the other one is in the market... Qik needs to step their game up. They are putting too much into advertising and not enough into development. I'm going to start an anti-Qik thread and encourage everyone to delete in and stop using it if they don't make it beneficial... this is ridiculous...

anon(67326)

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
^ yea i got the EVO update. It's dumb because the other one is in the market... Qik needs to step their game up. They are putting too much into advertising and not enough into development. I'm going to start an anti-Qik thread and encourage everyone to delete in and stop using it if they don't make it beneficial... this is ridiculous...

uh, ok.

one, i don't think non-rooted phones can delete the qik app.

two, i like it and it works great for me. not sure why you're having issues but if you don't like why don't you try yahoo, fring, or tango?

truslide

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
uh, ok.

one, i don't think non-rooted phones can delete the qik app.

two, i like it and it works great for me. not sure why you're having issues but if you don't like why don't you try yahoo, fring, or tango?

o_O I forgot you guys can't remove it.

I'm probably going to try fring, it's just convenient because everyone with the EVO has Qik unless they removed it... I'm just frustrated because it has potential to be a great app with great web-based support, but as of right now their website seems "cheap" and the app still has some things that IMO should have been worked out.

Thanks for the input tho, glad to know it's not the EVO or the root, but the app itself.

truslide

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
That's the biggest challenge.. hence the reason i don't want to have to switch to fring or Tango... I had tango too, but it took up a lot of space...

stimulatedboredom

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
I highly recommend Tango. It is cross-platform and the video/audio is significantly superior to QIK.

I started looking for an alternative to QIK when (as the OP said) the audio was so low that I could not hear a thing unless I wore headphones.

I tested Tango on 3G, 4G and WiFi with an EVO, iPhone4 and Incredible. Worked great on all, but def being on WiFi will ensure the best experience.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781