has anyone else's EVO been really laggy lately?

laxpinkie

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Hey everyone!

My roommate and I both have EVO's and have both noticed our phones being REALLY laggy lately.

Neither of us is rooted or run ATK's...and can't think of anything we've installed that has caused the problem. Usually if one of us has a problem we can pinpoint it but the fact that we both are having lag going from apps to home screen suggests that maybe it's not just us.

I'd appreciate if any other EVO users could let us know if they've seen this. We're in WI if it matters.

Thanks!

truslide

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
There's a couple things you can check...

Go to settings>SD & Phone Storage

Checl your Internal Phone Storage. If it's <100MB you might consider freeing some stuff up.

Then, check your running apps. If you have a lot of background apps just go ahead and end the apps in the Applications menu

Then... rather than using a task killer, add the following to one of your screens.

Long press till pop-up shows>Shortcuts>scroll down to settings>manage applications

This will provide you with a shortcut to your applications so you can quickly end tasks like Qik that you're not using but start-up in the background on boot.

You can also try to clear your cache on you're most frequently used apps.

Are you using LauncherPro or any other kind of launcher? If you are, you should check your stock HTC sync layout to make sure there are no widgets on any of the screens... might help too

Go Android!

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Hey everyone!

My roommate and I both have EVO's and have both noticed our phones being REALLY laggy lately.

Neither of us is rooted or run ATK's...and can't think of anything we've installed that has caused the problem. Usually if one of us has a problem we can pinpoint it but the fact that we both are having lag going from apps to home screen suggests that maybe it's not just us.

I'd appreciate if any other EVO users could let us know if they've seen this. We're in WI if it matters.

Thanks!
I just got my Evo yesterday and I LOVE it. But it was being severely laggy yesterday. So laggy that when i played music it kept skipping. I decided to restart it and it was perfectly fine. Idk what the cause was but it was pissing me off so much yesterday.

swissarmy

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
As of late mine has been quite sluggish while in 4G. Just turning off 4G does not solve the problem either, I have to reboot after each 4G use for the phone to function properly. (As Gekko mentioned).

laxpinkie

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
thanks for all the info, guys...that's why android central is the best!

just to follow up on a few things..

A) we both have restarted various times..helps to fix things for a while but i'm having to restart more than usual.
B) we don't live in a 4G area so that's not part of our problem BUT i have heard 4G is making other people quite laggy lately
C) i do have more than 100MB internal storage, and i already have a shortcut set up to "manage apps" but i will try to shut down stuff that is running that i don't need if things get laggy again.

thanks again for all your help! i know in the past sprint was "working on something" in our area when we had lag, so maybe that's it too...who knows!

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I have not had any problems with it being laggy but I can say for a few days last week it kept freezing up on me and I had to do a battery pull at least 2 - 3 times per day and it did this on and off for a week and over the last week I have not had a single problem at all. Not sure what was causing it to freeze up but it's gone now....

Reactions: missmax

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
For those who are experiencing a high volume of lagging - should contact their service provider to refresh their data connection. Mine felt the same way the other day... a tech refreshes the phone data system and the lag was gone. :)

Ps. I also follow the steps in truslide post as well.

Last edited:

thomasanderson

Oct 31, 2009
Visit site
If you think your Evo is laggy now, you dont want to play with an Epic. My daughter has the Epic with almost as many apps as my Evo and that thing is super smooth. I was sure the Evo and the Epic had the same processor. But you wouldnt think so judging by side by side comparisons. My Old Lady's Hero lags to the point of uselessness. Whatever Samsung did performance wise HTC should take notes.

splmonster

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
My Evo is just as smooth as any Epic. Personally think it's a rogue app or some sort of user error. Cause by no means is the Evo even close to the term "laggy".

dguidry12

Banned
Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Yes I have also. I also did a reset and the phone is still lagy and my battery is horrid..Im loosing 1 percent battery per 2 minutes and even loosing when the screen is off..THis is horrible.

Reactions: missmax

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
If you think your Evo is laggy now, you dont want to play with an Epic. My daughter has the Epic with almost as many apps as my Evo and that thing is super smooth. I was sure the Evo and the Epic had the same processor. But you wouldnt think so judging by side by side comparisons. My Old Lady's Hero lags to the point of uselessness. Whatever Samsung did performance wise HTC should take notes.

The Epic is smoother than the EVO. I tested them out in the store.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I know the Epic is smoother than the EVO because people have told me....

My EVO is so smooth that sometimes I say to myself..."WOW!", "I can't believe it's not butter!". Seriously, the EPIC is a fine phone but I worked at RS for a while and sold them. Trust me, I have seen one lagg due to a rogue app just like on the EVO.

cpolism

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I had the same problem this weekend. 4G was always lag machine for me, but then I updated the PRL and did all that stuff and it was fine for a month or so. Then this weekend it hit my evo pretty hard. Everything was lagging. Turned off 4G, worked at first, but went right back to lagging. Did a battery pull and somehow its working fine again. Sometimes it's smooth and sometimes it's not. I just hate when I try to show someone something on the evo and it happens to start lagging at that point. Just my luck!

laxpinkie

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I had the same problem this weekend. 4G was always lag machine for me, but then I updated the PRL and did all that stuff and it was fine for a month or so. Then this weekend it hit my evo pretty hard. Everything was lagging. Turned off 4G, worked at first, but went right back to lagging. Did a battery pull and somehow its working fine again. Sometimes it's smooth and sometimes it's not. I just hate when I try to show someone something on the evo and it happens to start lagging at that point. Just my luck!

that's kind of my issue too...i'd consider a rogue app being the cause, but there are certainly periods where my evo is just smooth sailing and i have no issues and then a time with it laggy, then back to smooth. so it's kind of come and go...and the same thing can be said for my roommate...and we don't have the same apps...so go figure!

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I have had my evo for a month now and have no lag issues.this phone has been super thus far.

Sent using taptalk.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech