new owner...what now?

shinto

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Just got my evo and im wantin to make it better. What should i do first? Do i install a root? Id like to have the percent icon in the battery meter. Also would like to customize the home pages, meaning gettin rid of the launcher module, if thats possible. Would like change the unlock screen style to the two button style. Is rooting the route to take in order to accomplish these? Tia!

Cubanjinx

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
I would play with the phone for a while before you think about rooting as its not for everyone. As far as getting a different launcher you could always get one in the market. Ppl tend to go with launcher pro or adw.and the same goes with changing the lockscreen there's apps for it in the market I just can't think of them right now. If you do decide to root make sure you READ FIRST! Know wat you're getting yourself into. Most of all enjoy the phone

Via TT

Verdes8891

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
As cuban put it, Rooting is not for everyone, and there are already alot of customization tools already in the market for non rooted users. I myself, am not rooted, and I switched my sense launcher to the ADW.Launcher and love it. I hve used Launcher Pro Plus as well, still have it, but not using it right now. But there are different threads for those ones. Just poke around for a while and see what you can do.

illwood

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
FYI if you want a battery meter with a % gauge for free, just add an HTC widget to your screen and selet "Get more widgets" and there is a decent battery one out now.

Matty-Mo

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
first thing i did with my evo, was i took it down to the mall and got my potrait taken with it... hangs above my fireplace....

but in all reality, play with it get used to it and then make the decision whether you need to root it...

Go Android!

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
What software version are you using? If you're using 3.30, then you can't root...i think. I just got mine yesterday and found out i can't root yet.

Also, after you're done playing around with every single feature of your phone :p, i would edit some settings to save battery life.
-Turn off Auto brightness and lower the brightness
-Turn off Mobile Network Always On
-Change the sync settings for EVERYTHING. They're all pretty frequent by default.

rem_kujawa

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
I recommend beautiful widgets, and widget locker. also stay away from battery meters they just get you paranoid for nothing.

eldub1

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
When you bough your Evo, you just opened just opened yourself to a whole new world my friend. With Android your phone is fully customizable. Just think of what you want to do with your device. Do a search in the forums. One of my fellow forum members will guide you in the right direction. Congrats

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac