Video Calling App

igobytony

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
if cross compatibility with iPhone and such is a big priority, Tango is where it's at. it works very well over 3G even. i have yet to try Fring, but i've read good things about it. i thought Qik was okay too, but is basically android to android, as far as i know.

i really like the Qik app for Evo though. i use it all the time to share private videos with my girlfriend. i hope their video chat gets a little better, and becomes cross platform, because as i said, i really like the app in general. i think they're on to something.

lol, not private videos like that. just of me saying hi and looking all handsome and ****. ;)

SdotJ

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I gave up on qik since I found tango. No sign in names or passwords. Simple and straight forward and most of all it works lol. I used to love fring but when they pulled skype support I bailed. I would try them all though because you might have a different opinon than me.

Double Tap

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
Tango: Major reboot issue

I gave up on qik since I found tango. No sign in names or passwords. Simple and straight forward and most of all it works lol. I used to love fring but when they pulled skype support I bailed. I would try them all though because you might have a different opinon than me.

I installed Tango last night. What a nightmare. The call to an iphone worked fine, however after the call my EVO kept rebooting, EVEN AFTER I UNINSTALLED the APP. I had to do a hard reset. It took me quite a long time to figure out what was causing the problem. My phone is new but I did not install the latest firmware update because of all the problems I read about here.

If you go to the Tango website they claimed back in November that Sprint knew of the problem and would be issuing a firmware update that would solve it. I am not will to update to solve one problem and wind up with new problems.

My specs are
Hardware 0003
Build number 3.26.651.16 CL218634 release-keys
Software number 3.26.651.6

So now the question is to use Qik or Fring ?

How about a Qik or Fring thread ?

Last edited:

1BadHEMI

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I use Fring between my wife's iPhone and my Evo. Works pretty well. I haven't tried QIK yet as it doesn't cross platform (even though there website says they are working on it).

Double Tap

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
You are correct

I use Fring between my wife's iPhone and my Evo. Works pretty well. I haven't tried QIK yet as it doesn't cross platform (even though there website says they are working on it).

You are correct. The Qik website is a bit deceiving. The live video chat is not cross platform compatible while other features are.

I guess that leaves Fring as my only choice unless I wait until Sprint does another firmware update that solves the new bugs.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante