Anyone have any recommendations for Video calling? Fring, Skype, or Tango?
    12-14-2010 04:13 PM
    Tango is by far the best app.
    12-14-2010 04:50 PM
    I use Tango and have had no problems with it. It works pretty well over 3G also.
    12-14-2010 05:01 PM
    Fring just had a nice update, seems to work alot better now. I only used it a couple of times but seemed to be OK.
    12-14-2010 06:58 PM
    if cross compatibility with iPhone and such is a big priority, Tango is where it's at. it works very well over 3G even. i have yet to try Fring, but i've read good things about it. i thought Qik was okay too, but is basically android to android, as far as i know.

i really like the Qik app for Evo though. i use it all the time to share private videos with my girlfriend. i hope their video chat gets a little better, and becomes cross platform, because as i said, i really like the app in general. i think they're on to something.

lol, not private videos like that. just of me saying hi and looking all handsome and ****.
    12-14-2010 08:11 PM
    I only need to chat with Wifey's EVO, so I use Qik.... works pretty well.
    12-14-2010 09:35 PM
    I gave up on qik since I found tango. No sign in names or passwords. Simple and straight forward and most of all it works lol. I used to love fring but when they pulled skype support I bailed. I would try them all though because you might have a different opinon than me.
    12-14-2010 09:57 PM
    yahoo messenger is the best videocall app, fring in second place and third place tango
    12-14-2010 11:49 PM
    Thanks for the info.
    12-15-2010 10:12 AM
    I gave up on qik since I found tango. No sign in names or passwords. Simple and straight forward and most of all it works lol. I used to love fring but when they pulled skype support I bailed. I would try them all though because you might have a different opinon than me.
    I installed Tango last night. What a nightmare. The call to an iphone worked fine, however after the call my EVO kept rebooting, EVEN AFTER I UNINSTALLED the APP. I had to do a hard reset. It took me quite a long time to figure out what was causing the problem. My phone is new but I did not install the latest firmware update because of all the problems I read about here.

If you go to the Tango website they claimed back in November that Sprint knew of the problem and would be issuing a firmware update that would solve it. I am not will to update to solve one problem and wind up with new problems.

My specs are
    Hardware 0003
    Build number 3.26.651.16 CL218634 release-keys
    Software number 3.26.651.6

So now the question is to use Qik or Fring ?

How about a Qik or Fring thread ?
    12-26-2010 10:14 PM
    I use Fring between my wife's iPhone and my Evo. Works pretty well. I haven't tried QIK yet as it doesn't cross platform (even though there website says they are working on it).
    12-26-2010 10:18 PM
    I use Fring between my wife's iPhone and my Evo. Works pretty well. I haven't tried QIK yet as it doesn't cross platform (even though there website says they are working on it).
    You are correct. The Qik website is a bit deceiving. The live video chat is not cross platform compatible while other features are.

I guess that leaves Fring as my only choice unless I wait until Sprint does another firmware update that solves the new bugs.
    12-26-2010 10:45 PM
    I just tried Tango, and can't say that I'm impressed.
    12-26-2010 11:17 PM
    I use Tango cause I can video call with my friends using EVO or iPhone or whatever!
    12-26-2010 11:52 PM
    Tango wins for the cross platforms.

Sent using taptalk.
    12-26-2010 11:57 PM
    I also like tango. Seems like a lot of iphone users use it too.
    12-27-2010 01:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD