06-10-2011 11:54 AM
731 ... 2526272829 ...
tools
    Anyone else experiencing a major change in battery life after the update? I went from 12-16hrs life on light use, mostly texting, push exchange email, a light surfing to tqake the phone of its charger at 7am and only 25% battery life left by 11am. Anyone else?
    Strange--- Once I turned off Blockbuster's auto updating I actually see an improvement. I have heavy use between 8am-7pm and used to have 15% left, now I have 25-30% left. Calls/text/email all day on 3G or WiFi, I don't use 4G.
    12-22-2010 02:08 PM
    Under Settings>Applications>Running Services, there is a running service under the "market" tab called "AlarmService". Does anyone know what this is? Also, there are the PVMtpServiceStart and PVWmdrmServices running. I read that they may be for the Blockbuster app. I would like to stop them from running.
    12-22-2010 02:22 PM
    Looks awesome! Can't wait to get an evo
    12-22-2010 07:09 PM
    Anyone know how to get rid of this blockbuster app that just popped up on my evo? Im not sure what else has loaded on my phone since this last download.
    12-22-2010 08:25 PM
    Oh and whats up with the drop calls. Is the sprint 3g network having issues. I have been dropping calls before and after the download on my evo and on the old instinct.
    12-22-2010 08:53 PM
    As I said earlier, this update has a lot of flaws to it. Very few people are experiencing no problems at all. Personally, I'd skip this altogether. Of course, too many folks just "have to have" the latest and {in this case not so} greatest thing.
    12-22-2010 08:59 PM
    As I said earlier, this update has a lot of flaws to it. Very few people are experiencing no problems at all. Personally, I'd skip this altogether. Of course, too many folks just "have to have" the latest and {in this case not so} greatest thing.
    Have had no issues with mine what so ever.
    12-22-2010 09:32 PM
    Your not serious, are you?
    About which part?
    12-22-2010 10:17 PM
    Apps like Root Explorer or Titanium Backup should be able to delete any bloat apps you don't want.

Arg trying titanium back up while doing a temp root with Z4, It is just causing the phone to reboot when tring to uninstall. I guess I will have to full root if I want to get rid of these?
    12-22-2010 10:43 PM
    Have had no issues with mine what so ever.
    Not everybody will.
    12-23-2010 01:38 AM
    My market wont show "My Downloads". Is anyone else having this problem?
    12-23-2010 01:52 AM
    "My Downloads" is now "My Apps".

As for issues, anyone having camera captured photos being re-ordered in Gallery? The reordering is subtle but annoying. Some photos that were taken within the day in the past were reordered. Looking at the details of the photo's date/time, it seems as if the reordering is correct. However, the time taken itself now is incorrect after the update.

I know this is the case because I was just browsing through the gallery before the update, and the photos got reordered right afterwards. Also, the time info for the reordered photo is impossible.

Thanks!
    12-23-2010 09:15 AM
    Arg trying titanium back up while doing a temp root with Z4, It is just causing the phone to reboot when tring to uninstall. I guess I will have to full root if I want to get rid of these?
    Titanium Backup should need to reboot after ever app you try to delete to complete the removal, though if the apps aren't actually deleted I don't know what's happening.
    12-23-2010 10:56 AM
    My sd card is not recognized if my phone is plugged in to charge (after update). I see no obvious other change (aside from the added apps), though I haven't really looked that hard yet. Anyone know what's up with the sd card thing? That really limits my ability to obsess over angry birds.
    12-23-2010 11:16 PM
    My sd card is not recognized if my phone is plugged in to charge (after update). I see no obvious other change (aside from the added apps), though I haven't really looked that hard yet. Anyone know what's up with the sd card thing? That really limits my ability to obsess over angry birds.
    Are you using the OEM charger? Is it plugged in to an outlet? If yes to both I would try a different USB cable.

Hope that helps,
    Dave
    12-24-2010 06:26 AM
    yes, and yes to if I am using oem charger and having a problem with my sd card being recognized. I think it might've been related to my ADW launcher. They had an update last night, and now I'm not having that issue. ... killed all the pigs this morning (ala angry birds)
    12-24-2010 08:45 AM
    sprint should not have done this update. they should have done ginerbread and we should all mail in gingerbread cookied to sprint until we get gingerbread. we should also mail in honeycombs as well since we will want that as well....
    12-25-2010 12:20 PM
    A friend of mine just got the EVo, and his said the d/l was corrupted, about 3 times, and then said no update was available. It now says no update is available, but is still running the old software.
    12-27-2010 05:54 PM
    ◦Download the update from here. (via AndroidCentral forums)
    ◦Rename the downloaded file to update.zip and make sure that the extension has .zip typed only once. Now save the file to Evos SD card.◦Enter the recovery mode Turn the phone off. Then hold down the volume button, and press the power button. A white screen would appear with 3 Android guys on skateboards.
    ◦Use the volume buttons to select the Recovery, and press the power button again. This will reboot the phone into recovery mode. The standard triangle with the exclamation point would appear if the phone is in recovery mode.
    ◦Hold the volume up button, and press the power button. Then choose applysdcard:update.zip and the update would be installed. Once you restart, the updated Froyo is what you would be experiencing.
    12-28-2010 02:39 PM
    this phone rocks! its better then the rest and it just makes the epic so un-epic....
    12-28-2010 02:56 PM
    this phone rocks! its better then the rest and it just makes the epic so un-epic....
    Glad you're enjoying it. See you later alligator.
    12-28-2010 03:09 PM
    Does anyone know if a rooted version of this update is available yet?
    12-28-2010 03:32 PM
    Sorry for the noob question but if I reset storage will I lose root access? How do I reset storage?

Thanks,
    J
    12-29-2010 07:09 AM
    DO NOTapply this update without first reading about the problems others are having! Such as losing the ability for streaming audio, poor battery life....ect...
    You've been warned! I learned the hard way!
    12-30-2010 11:55 AM
    Yeah. I've experience some lag at times.
    12-30-2010 11:58 AM
731 ... 2526272829 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD