EVO update 3.70.651.1 pushing out now!

ecaggiani

Feb 18, 2010
www.zazzle.com
For unrevoked forever folks with S-OFF, you don't need to unroot. What you have to do is:

• Revert back to stock recovery first
  • Uninstall Swype beta and Swype Installer if you have it
  • Install the update (either over the air or manual)
  • Reinstall custom recovery (Clockwork, Ra, etc)
  • Reinstall su (superuser)
This will allow you to update and get root back afterwards. It's not really unrooting, but the update expects the stock Evo recovery to be there for the install, so you have to revert to that first. Then of course you have to get your custom recovery of choice reinstalled, and you need to reinstall the superuser app to allow other apps to use root.

Full instructions and links for all this stuff can be found here:
http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc...ate-if-youve-unrevoked-forever-heres-how.html

Reactions: qwalls

sum_n00b

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
This update seriously screwed my Evo

:mad:After this update, my video camera doesn't work (just freezes when I click record and the flash button does nothing), everything is laggy as hell (even the live wallpaper is constantly choppy), and my phone is constantly very very hot. I thought for sure this was another failed software update but I seem to be the only one posting issues like this. Seriously, the phone is basically unusable due to the lag and overall slow response now. Argh!

nightmare

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I accidentally deleted Swype after I updated. Now I"m trying to find out to re-add it to the phone.

Edit - after a restart it is still there. No worries.

Last edited:

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
it could just be my imagination but my EVO seems a little snappier and crisper in UI performance. it was fast before - but it just seems a little faster now. i wonder what - if any - bug fixes or optimizations were included in the update.

Reactions: brittonx

scott_0

May 28, 2010
Visit site
The update does not consume additional memory.... I GAINED about 11-12mb by installing it. Don't worry about that
same here, I went from 280MB up to 310MB (of course I did a factory reset but I restored everything back to the way it was previously)

scott_0

May 28, 2010
Visit site
i downloaded the update. nothing exciting for me.

1. Blockbuster - are they still in business??? - no thanks.
2. Kindle eReader - no thanks.
3. NOVA from Gameloft - no thanks.
4. Sprint Zone update - no thanks.
5. Latest Telenav - i use Google Maps Nav - no thanks.
6. Latest VVM App - already had.
7. Latest Sprint TV app - no thanks.
8. SWYPE Keyboard - no thanks.
9. Scan Now Widget for 4G - unnecessary and redundant - no thanks.

this update appears to be 99% bloatware. i don't spite HTC or Sprint for trying to make some extra money - but if you're going to force bloatware on me - at least give me some more standard internal free memory on my EVO to begin with. OR let me delete the bloatware post-update. and why not wait until the Gingerbread update in a few weeks/months to hit us with all of this - why not do it all at once?
lol do you just want something to complain about? I mean we all knew going in what the update consisted of (if you didnt know, then you obviously didnt read much on this very thread) why did you even do the update? you had an option

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
lol do you just want something to complain about? I mean we all knew going in what the update consisted of (if you didnt know, then you obviously didnt read much on this very thread) why did you even do the update? you had an option

think about this - perhaps i thought that in addition to the bloatware that there were some other bug fixes and optimizations that were included in the update so ultimately i am forced to take the bad with the good? does that logic make any sense to you?

Bigfire

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Anyone figure out what has changed about Sprint TV? I will randomly watch Espn mobile from time to time and can't tell if I'm missing something.

trhwallst

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
HTC Sense Force Close

After installing the update, I get the famous: HTC Sense Force Close. Talk about fun. Phone is totally useless and constantly tries to load. The only thing I can do is receive incoming calls. Nice going htc, what a joke.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
After installing the update, I get the famous: HTC Sense Force Close. Talk about fun. Phone is totally useless and constantly tries to load. The only thing I can do is receive incoming calls. Nice going htc, what a joke.

i got that FC once immediately after the update but it never happened again. did you try power down and power up yet? if that doesn't work perhaps try factory reset?

good luck.

joeylove

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Had the Swype Beta and now just get Swype force close messages, can't get Swype to work anymore, anyone else run into this senario and found a fix?

trhwallst

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I tried that already, here goes with the factory reset. I just got this phone back to where I wanted it :) After a previous factory reset where it would never update (maybe it was trying to warn me how bad these updates really are).

jaytank

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Latest Telenav - What exactly has changed ?

I checked this thread and could not find the answer so if anyone can - What exactly has changed on Telenav ?

Thanks

Xiphias

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I still can't get the update and I've tried checking my firmware and HTC software updates. What gives? I know I can do it manually but I'd rather get it the official way. Anyone know what the rollout schedule is?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci