EVO update 3.70.651.1 pushing out now!

likwid687

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Just an update-installed the OTA. Phone powered down then went to the black update screen, then when it finished after about 7 minutes, it powered off, then started back up with a green circle and an arrow. After about 5 minutes, it powers off again, then reboots, shows and update screen again, then powers off one last time, hangs for a while at the 4G screen, then finally reboots to the Sense screen. It looks like if you have the Swype Beta installed it will give you a FC upon re-boot a couple of times. It hen counts up to 100% and you're good to go.

Thanks for the info about Swype Beta. I was wondering about that. So should we just uninstall that first before applying update?

Reactions: masonm159

androidvirgin

May 17, 2010
Visit site
was wondering about the Swype Beta too. I guess it will never hurt to simply uninstall the beta before applying the update. Common sense to avoid any issues.

stimulatedboredom

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
I notice that the Kindle eReader is included. If I already downloaded the Kindle app from the market, do I have to uninstall it? Will the OTA update overwrite it?

stimulatedboredom

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Crap. I don't want game demos on my phone that I can't uninstall.

Rooting is looking even better to me now.

Wasn't there an app that does root easily? Thought I saw that in the market or on AppBrain.

AndroiduserT

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
i updated over an hour ago (ota) and i had the swype beta installed before the update. now all i get are force closes. i've uninstalled the beta, reinstalled but nothing but FC. can anyone help?

deanfx#AC

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
Yes. If you are rooted wait until a rooted version of this OTA hits. If you apply this, you will lose root.

Thanks for the quick response. Now this would just be an update for HTC software. This isn't necessarily updating the Android Version (Froyo) Correct?

Not to familiar with how android updates work.

pteezay

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
how can it be that some people get the new update and some cannot? I also can't update to the new market. what gives?

bassmanxu

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the quick response. Now this would just be an update for HTC software. This isn't necessarily updating the Android Version (Froyo) Correct?

Not to familiar with how android updates work.

Yes this is an update to the software. Sprint will occasionally push these out to the phone to fix bugs, add programs, etc. But this is still Froyo.

likwid687

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
The info for this update states Hardware versions 0002/0003. Maybe that is the reason some people are either not getting the update or are having trouble installing it. Check your hardware version.

cgiaimo

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
i updated over an hour ago (ota) and i had the swype beta installed before the update. now all i get are force closes. i've uninstalled the beta, reinstalled but nothing but FC. can anyone help?

Try uninstalling the beta, then powering down your phone, then restart. You'll get the intro screen for the HTC keyboard, you can skip that, then open up a text box, long hold it, then select input method, and swype should be there as an option. That's what I did and it worked great.

Reactions: AnnDroid

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
armeniomanuel