EVO update 3.70.651.1 pushing out now!

sanzen71

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Will that work? It looks like there was a new hboot in the update. Will your system still retain the s-off? I am unsure myself and would be willing to try that method if I had more time.

According to what ive been told, as long as youve run unrEVOked forever you shouldn't lose s-off and thus allowing you to flash custom recovery. Im trying to find more info now.

jprins68

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
Bit of a harsh reply from a Swype rep stating that you cannot use the Beta if you download the OTA. Ugh!

See response on Swype forum here:

Now that Swype is included on HTC EVO's can we still use the beta?

That is a very disappointing reply from someone in customer relations. There is a certain risk involved in using a beta product, but this is not a good way to talk to an end user that had a legitimate question and it definitely changes my opinion of that company.

ernbrdn

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Maybe it was a douche response, but it was specifically stated when you signed up for the beta that if your phone had Swype preinstalled you would not be able to use the Beta. Just saying.

Averix

May 17, 2010
Visit site
this was a pretty douche answer on the swype board.

Um yeah... "To put it bluntly, if you're using a beta you should really be an advanced user and be able to figure this kind of thing out anyway. If you're using software labeled as "beta" and don't know what you're doing, I don't have much sympathy"

While I understand his point, beta software has a connotation that it is in a usable and updatable form. Typically a beta release should not require an 'advanced' user unless it's in a crappy developed state. If you mark something as alpha, then yes, an advanced user should be the only one testing it out. Beta opens things up to the masses. I wonder when they get to release candidate stage if they'll claim only advanced users should test it.
I'm betting that post gets edited before too long...

Reactions: onixblack

smallpsych

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
I know that this update breaks root, but does anyone know if unrEVOked will restore root privileges? I like to have the latest updates but I don't want to lose root.

sanzen71

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
I know that this update breaks root, but does anyone know if unrEVOked will restore root privileges? I like to have the latest updates but I don't want to lose root.

Trying to confirm this. I have 0004 so I haven't been able to try but still looking for answers for you guys

kzibart

May 20, 2010
Visit site
According to what ive been told, as long as youve run unrEVOked forever you shouldn't lose s-off and thus allowing you to flash custom recovery. Im trying to find more info now.

I posted earlier that I was trying this, but apparently my stock recovery PC36IMG.zip was bad or something because I couldn't get into recovery after flashing it. I went back to ClockworkMod recovery and tried flashing the update anyway, but it failed immediately due to the release keys error others have mentioned (I'm on 252548). Maybe one of you will have better luck.

I also tried extracting the Blockbuster_htc.apk, but it wouldn't install either (just said "Application not installed"). I tried from the sdcard and from /system/app, changing permissions to match other .apks. No dice either way.

Guess I'll see if the OTA is any different once I get it.

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Did this fix the 4G lag? That has got to be the single biggest problem this phone has right now.
Now there is a 4g icon on your upper left hand side of your screen - showing u now that your 4g is on. (It only appear when pi your network connection is showing 3g).

Ps. I've never notice any lag in my 4g connection.

May 23, 2010
Visit site
A lot of the same questions being asked over and over again. Here's a new one. Does updating break the shoot me app. Also can the blockbuster, and nova apk be extracted and posted for download. It's the only thing I'm interested in. If I dont update is the phone going to constantly remind me to update.

yibrushn

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
A lot of the same questions being asked over and over again. Here's a new one. Does updating break the shoot me app. Also can the blockbuster, and nova apk be extracted and posted for download. It's the only thing I'm interested in. If I dont update is the phone going to constantly remind me to update.

funny, because you asked the same question as many others but in a slightly different way. Shoot me depends on root and this update breaks root so yeah no shoot me after update.

bpdamas

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site

Thanks for checking into it. I am tempted to try it but don't have time to fix it if something doesn't go as expected. My method would be to install the ota update (ensuring you have s-off), install clockwork recovery, and install the superuser app. That was all I was going to try.

bpdamas

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
funny, because you asked the same question as many others but in a slightly different way. Shoot me depends on root and this update breaks root so yeah no shoot me after update.

ShootMe works without root :confused:, i've been using it for months and i'm not rooted

I think the best answers might be from someone who actually has the update installed. I remember one update shootme no longer worked without root and then the next update shootme worked without root. I think an answer from someone with it installed would be best.

Reactions: yibrushn

Flip

Jan 20, 2010
Visit site
Can someone help me to move the update file to my sd after I downloaded it go to my setting n manage application n check my ad card n there's nothing there, I also got astro manager to b able to rename the file but when I try to install it, it says the installation failed I think the problem is that is not downloading to my sd card

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SandiR