EVO update 3.70.651.1 pushing out now!

slaZ

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
"My Downloads" is now "My Apps".

As for issues, anyone having camera captured photos being re-ordered in Gallery? The reordering is subtle but annoying. Some photos that were taken within the day in the past were reordered. Looking at the details of the photo's date/time, it seems as if the reordering is correct. However, the time taken itself now is incorrect after the update.

I know this is the case because I was just browsing through the gallery before the update, and the photos got reordered right afterwards. Also, the time info for the reordered photo is impossible.

Thanks!

JohnAlpha

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Arg trying titanium back up while doing a temp root with Z4, It is just causing the phone to reboot when tring to uninstall. I guess I will have to full root if I want to get rid of these?

Titanium Backup should need to reboot after ever app you try to delete to complete the removal, though if the apps aren't actually deleted I don't know what's happening.

nc_carol

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
My sd card is not recognized if my phone is plugged in to charge (after update). I see no obvious other change (aside from the added apps), though I haven't really looked that hard yet. Anyone know what's up with the sd card thing? That really limits my ability to obsess over angry birds. :(

Dave Blake

May 7, 2010
Visit site
My sd card is not recognized if my phone is plugged in to charge (after update). I see no obvious other change (aside from the added apps), though I haven't really looked that hard yet. Anyone know what's up with the sd card thing? That really limits my ability to obsess over angry birds. :(

Are you using the OEM charger? Is it plugged in to an outlet? If yes to both I would try a different USB cable.

Hope that helps,
Dave

nc_carol

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
yes, and yes to if I am using oem charger and having a problem with my sd card being recognized. I think it might've been related to my ADW launcher. They had an update last night, and now I'm not having that issue. ... killed all the pigs this morning :) (ala angry birds)

Last edited:

dzuchowski

Banned
Nov 20, 2010
Visit site
sprint should not have done this update. they should have done ginerbread and we should all mail in gingerbread cookied to sprint until we get gingerbread. we should also mail in honeycombs as well since we will want that as well....

Mark Turner

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
A friend of mine just got the EVo, and his said the d/l was corrupted, about 3 times, and then said no update was available. It now says no update is available, but is still running the old software.

xxprincesa69xx

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
How Do you Save to SD Card after Download

◦Download the update from here. (via AndroidCentral forums)
◦Rename the downloaded file to update.zip and make sure that the extension has .zip typed only once. Now save the file to Evo?s SD card.◦Enter the recovery mode ? Turn the phone off. Then hold down the volume button, and press the power button. A white screen would appear with 3 Android guys on skateboards.
◦Use the volume buttons to select the Recovery, and press the power button again. This will reboot the phone into recovery mode. The standard triangle with the exclamation point would appear if the phone is in recovery mode.
◦Hold the volume up button, and press the power button. Then choose applysdcard:update.zip and the update would be installed. Once you restart, the updated Froyo is what you would be experiencing.

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
DO NOTapply this update without first reading about the problems others are having! Such as losing the ability for streaming audio, poor battery life....ect...
You've been warned! I learned the hard way!

Lord Vader

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
Which is why every few days when my phone notifies me of the update being available, I select cancel and choose to not accept it.

Socrates11

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
Another noob question: The update installed Swype on my phone but for the life of me I can't figure out how to make it the default keyboard app. I've gone into settings and see it there, but can't find any options to enable it. Me dumb

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca