EVO update 3.70.651.1 pushing out now!

Lord Vader

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
Thanks it shows I'm running 2.2.

The Build Number further down on that screen will tell you more. Several builds were 2.2, but other pieces in the software changed.

Averix is correct. Look farther down for the current version of your phone. Look under "build number" or "software number." The "android version" refers to what version of the Android OS you have, which should be 2.2 Froyo. When Gingerbread is released, it'd read "2.3" then.

honeyb8102

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
Hi,
I had installed swype beta on my phone last night. today the new update was available to me and i did not know that it was the update that included swype, nova etc... basically after i updated my phone i got an error message about the swype and so i UNINSTALLED it. now all i see in my applications are the OTHER new stuff like blockbuster, nova, kindle..everything is there except for swype (which is the only thing i really want out of all of this) anyone know how to get it back???

splmonster

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Hi,
I had installed swype beta on my phone last night. today the new update was available to me and i did not know that it was the update that included swype, nova etc... basically after i updated my phone i got an error message about the swype and so i UNINSTALLED it. now all i see in my applications are the OTHER new stuff like blockbuster, nova, kindle..everything is there except for swype (which is the only thing i really want out of all of this) anyone know how to get it back???

Swype will not show up in list of applications. Hit menu, settings then "language and keyboard". To enable it, hold down on a text input box and select input method and select Swype. ;)

honeyb8102

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
ok, so i went to re-install it the old way (swype beta- i googled it) and when i installed it a message popped up "sorry! the application Swype (processcom.swype.android.inputmethod) has stopped unexpectedly. please try again"...i dont know what i did to my phone, i hope i didnt mess it up. i am a beginner this phone is only 1 week old...any help?

honeyb8102

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
SPLMONSTER,
i did what you said and i got the option to use swype, however the second i clicked on it the error message:"sorry! the application Swype (processcom.swype.android.inputmethod) has stopped unexpectedly. please try again". showed up.
what now? any suggestions?

Lord Vader

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
Have you tried a couple times? You may also wish to turn off/on the phone or do a battery pull then try again. That has worked for me when I've run into similar problems.

saulleibow

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Help 4g Problem

I've searched all Android forums and cannot find an answer, so forgive me upfront if it is somewhere. Ever since I installed this update I have had 4g problems, it locates the 4g network, locks on, obtains the ip address, connects and then immediately DISCONNECTS!!! That NEVER happened before this update. Can anyone tell me if and how I can rollback to the previous Software ver 3.29.651.5 ????

Please, this is driving me crazy and costing $10 a month

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Same here. Just got notified yesterday of the update, but I don't have any interest. I'm rooted and happy as a lark.

Sent from Evo via Tapatalk

Kamen

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Just got the update and decided to take a leap of faith on it. Hopefully my experience is better then others have had. I also had the same Swype issue too, but a Power Down and a Battery Pull fixed it for me.

Bigtuna00

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Anyone else experiencing a major change in battery life after the update? I went from 12-16hrs life on light use, mostly texting, push exchange email, a light surfing to tqake the phone of its charger at 7am and only 25% battery life left by 11am. Anyone else?

As someone else posted, make sure to launch google talk and sign out. The update seems to automatically sign you in. That fixed it for me.

splmonster

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to the new Sprint update--problematic and buggy.

That's a bold statement, cause again I have updated over 10 Evo's. None of which have any issues. Personally I think you have had issues with yours and no experiences with others. Again do not assume things that you only have one Evo experience. Honeyb did you uninstall the old Swype beta and the Swype installer?

Lord Vader

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
Personally I think you have had issues with yours and no experiences with others.

Well, you'd be wrong. Completely. I do, however, know no fewer than 15 people who have taken the update and all have suffered problems, problems that were all similar. Furthermore, I spoke to someone from Sprint Corporate who flat out told me that "this update does have some problems with it...no replacement for it is scheduled."

A search through this thread alone will also reveal the many people who have experienced problems. This does not mean, of course, that every single EVO user who has downloaded this update will experience the same problem. It just means that this upgrade does contain bugs and problems, some of them significant.

splmonster

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Well, you'd be wrong. Completely. I do, however, know no fewer than 15 people who have taken the update and all have suffered problems, problems that were all similar. Furthermore, I spoke to someone from Sprint Corporate who flat out told me that "this update does have some problems with it...no replacement for it is scheduled."

A search through this thread alone will also reveal the many people who have experienced problems. This does not mean, of course, that every single EVO user who has downloaded this update will experience the same problem. It just means that this upgrade does contain bugs and problems, some of them significant.

Doesn't every phone and piece of software contain bugs? Indeed they do! The Swype issues everyone is having is "user error".

Dreamear

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
Questions...

My HTC EVO reads...

Andriod 2.2
Baseband 2.15.00.11.19
Build & Software 3.70.651.1
PRI 1.90_003
PRL 60674
Hardware 003

I have been able to get SWYPE to work, but I cannot find Scan Now. I have checked my widget list, my applications... everywhere I can think of.

Does anyone know where I can find Scan Now?

Also... since the update when I delete email using my computer it no longer deletes from my phone...does anyone know if there is a hidden option or if I need to do something different?

Thanks for the help

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781