EVO update 3.70.651.1 pushing out now!

Lord Vader

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
OK, thanks. BTW, does that ROM support 4G? Also, as someone relatively new to Android (got my EVO in October), if I go with that ROM and later opt for another one, am I correct in assuming such other one might not be supportive of the new software version?

OrangeGTP

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
OK, thanks. BTW, does that ROM support 4G? Also, as someone relatively new to Android (got my EVO in October), if I go with that ROM and later opt for another one, am I correct in assuming such other one might not be supportive of the new software version?

yes it does...its just nothing more than the stock rom with the latest updates. all of the "big named" roms out there have already been updated to the latest updates....the devs are freaky fast on updating their roms to the latest! there will be no worries as far as updates go.

if your wanting the stock feel with some tweaks...i might recommend the sprint lovers rom for starting out. [ROM] 01/10/11 | SPRINT LOVERS | 2.2 | 3.70.651.1 | Radio/Wimax/PRI All-In-One - xda-developers

Reactions: Lord Vader

Lord Vader

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
OK, thanks. BTW, a question if you don't mind...

I understand all the backing up and stuff needed to be done, but the one place where I seem to be confused is having to nandroid first. Is there a specific way to go about this? A specific program for this? I ask only because I think I'm having a mental block with respect to how to nandroid it first.

OrangeGTP

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
OK, thanks. BTW, a question if you don't mind...

I understand all the backing up and stuff needed to be done, but the one place where I seem to be confused is having to nandroid first. Is there a specific way to go about this? A specific program for this? I ask only because I think I'm having a mental block with respect to how to nandroid it first.

power off the phone....hold down vol down + power and you will boot into recovery and i know in amon ra (im not familiar with clockwork) that you goto backup/restore, then the option nand backup...and it will take some time and your all set to flash...just wipe your dalvik-cache and cache before flashing and since its a different rom id recommend wiping the data too so your sure there will be no issues in flashing.

Reactions: Lord Vader

msan1285

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
There are some apps with this update I don't want. How do I get rid of them? I don't have the standard options of deleting/uninstalling. If I try to download them to uninstall, I get a message that I don't have enough memory.

OrangeGTP

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
There are some apps with this update I don't want. How do I get rid of them? I don't have the standard options of deleting/uninstalling. If I try to download them to uninstall, I get a message that I don't have enough memory.

are you rooted? you have to be rooted to remove the stock apps....if your not rooted...i suggest reading this thread to accomplish what you want to do...http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc-evo-4g-roms-hacks/49333-how-stay-stock-get-rid-bloat.html

Lord Vader

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
I believe the latest version is no longer available. A reliable source within Sprint told me a week or two ago that that version was "pulled due to some issues." (His words, not mine.)

Just repeating what he said.

splmonster

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
I believe the latest version is no longer available. A reliable source within Sprint told me a week or two ago that that version was "pulled due to some issues." (His words, not mine.)

Just repeating what he said.

No it didn't get pulled, just updated a Evo that had been sitting for a few months. Once I turned it on, it prompted me to update the device to this version. So that source was incorrect.