Something is CHEWING UP my battery...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
I realize the Evo battery life isn't the greatest, but on a normal work day, I could get 10-12 hours out of my stock battery. Recently, something has to be chewing it up, because with the same usage it only lasts 3-4 hours. Is there any type of program, or any way I can see what is running in the background? I have tried removing recently installed apps, and checking the stock "Battery Info" but can't seem to find anything. Any help is appreciated...

dpg

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
do a search, this has been a huge topic discussed here in lots of detail. Also lots of troubleshooting steps in the threads to help narrow it down

stimulatedboredom

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Go to Menu --> Settings --> Applications and check your running services.

I check both 'Manage Applications' and 'Running Services' to turn off (force close) anything I don't want running in the background. You are also able to see how much RAM each service or app is taking up.

Another alternative is to look at SystemPanel Lite program (free in the Market), which will help to tell you what is using up your resources.

Beyond that, there are a host of things you can do in your settings that will prolong your battery life.

Also remember that if you leave your battery plugged in all night, it will stop charging at a certain point (to prevent overcharging) and the battery will take over. Which is why you will see a fast drop in the battery (before it levels off) when you first unplug. Try charging it again on your drive to work so that it reaches a true battery reading of 100%.

Reactions: onixblack

npark

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
I realize the Evo battery life isn't the greatest, but on a normal work day, I could get 10-12 hours out of my stock battery. Recently, something has to be chewing it up, because with the same usage it only lasts 3-4 hours. Is there any type of program, or any way I can see what is running in the background? I have tried removing recently installed apps, and checking the stock "Battery Info" but can't seem to find anything. Any help is appreciated...

I get 24-40 hours of battery life.

You just have to figure what's using your battery. Try a different rom too, I use myn's warm 2.2 with the colinph battery mod.

truslide

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
It was.................

images

GODZIRRRRRRA!!!

dguidry12

Banned
Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Dude, we get it. You hate the Evo. No one cares. Go troll somewhere else and let the adults talk.

Its not that I hate the Evo but I hate the fact that someone would flat out lie about a product and its abilities just to show his/her love for that product. No phone last 24 hours with usage and probably never will..The OP is looking for good honest advice and these untruthful fanboys come back with lies. The very maximum charge time on a STANDARD HTC EVO battery is 6-7 hours with medium usage..And thats a fact!!!

Dave Blake

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Its not that I hate the Evo but I hate the fact that someone would flat out lie about a product and its abilities just to show his/her love for that product. No phone last 24 hours with usage and probably never will..The OP is looking for good honest advice and these untruthful fanboys come back with lies. The very maximum charge time on a STANDARD HTC EVO battery is 6-7 hours with medium usage..And thats a fact!!!

Watch the accusations how do you know what his experience is with his EVO. I get 8 hours with very heavy use out of my EVO. Lots of calls on bluetooth all day surfing the net off and on so I can see how with a little conservation coud push the battery up a few hours.

Dave

bnrbranding

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Don't be a ****. There are dozens of people on this board that are all claiming the exact same thing, you're calling every one of those people a liar. Maybe the problem is YOU.

I got 28 hours when I was testing the MIUI ROM and that included going through all the set up and poking around to see how it worked. When you include a couple hours of business phone calls, playing Robo Defense, a dozen or more texts, and email throughout the day I would say that I got over 24 hours with use. I typically get 15ish hours on a typical work day with Cyanogen and 24+ hours on the weekend when I play more than work.

oasis9389

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

you really are an idiot. stock EVO? i would agree. but once your start flashing cutstom rom's and kernel you can get pretty impressive battery life.

i use my phone all day for work emails and web browsing.. i get about 500 emails a day. and i get anywhere from 20-30 hours a day consistently

so stfu and go play with your iphone 4 where apple tells you how you must do everything.

Dave Blake

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Everyone in thus thread needs to throughly review the forum rules next step is for me to start handing out warnings

Thread closed
Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech