So heres the problem that just occurred...
    I had Swype on my Evo that i had gotten from the web.. never had problems with it, worked fine. So i get the notification that there's a new update for software.. cool.. i start d.loading, and installing. Once the phone reset and starts installing, i got like 20 grey message force close Swype boxes displayed on my phone.(i had no idea that Swype was in this latest update) I say to my self Oh ****.. its buggin out cuz i have a cracked version of Swype already on my phone.. let me go uninstall the cracked version so the new version with the new software can install properly.
    So i uninstall Swype... and now i have NO SWYPE what so ever.. no old one no new one..
    What the hell do i do now? Can i even get the new updated software ver of Swype.. or do i now have to go back and find a cracked one again..

Help!
    12-17-2010 05:09 PM
    n.m... (even tho no body replied lol)
    i pulled the batter.. soft reset.. checked again..input method was there.. Swype is now on my Evo again!
    Sweet!
    12-17-2010 05:21 PM
    Having the same issue with swipe, I was running the legal beta of swipe, I didn't uninstall it before the HTC system update. Now after the up date swipe keeps wanting to force close. Dam I even tried taking the battery out nothing changes. the swipe keeps force closing. What a real bummer and i loved swipe!!!!! Any help guys & girls...
    Thanks!!!
    12-17-2010 09:46 PM
    Having the same issue with swipe, I was running the legal beta of swipe, I didn't uninstall it before the HTC system update. Now after the up date swipe keeps wanting to force close. Dam I even tried taking the battery out nothing changes. the swipe keeps force closing. What a real bummer and i loved swipe!!!!! Any help guys & girls...
    Thanks!!!
    Swype is actually installed as a system app in the new OTA. I didn't have swype beta installed before I flashed the new one but if you're not rooted you should be able to safely remove the swype beta and be left with the new system installation.
    12-17-2010 10:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD