Am I the only one that still has the old Android Market?

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Up until today, I still don't have the new Android Market. I was looking at one of my customers phones, a Droid X, and just as I was looking at the old market, then returning to the homescreen and back to the market, it popped up with the new version of the market.

Is there any way to entice the phone to get the new version, and I don't want to have to download the file for it.

Someone had suggested to just clear the app data and that will make it go to the new version, is that true? Also, by clearing that, what will I lose by clearing the App data for the market?

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I just got it on the stock setup when I downloaded the new version of maps, then when back in to it, kind of paused at a white screen and then out popped the new market.

When you clear data & cache from market you don't really lose anything - you'll have to re-accept the market agreement and the phone and market will re-sync themselves.

ernbrdn

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Your not alone, I'm still on the old market as well, even after the OTA update. Not sure what you have to do to get the new market but oh well.

eye4ni

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I finally got it this afternoon after I updated. Don't worry, you aren't missing anything. A little nicer UI and such, but you get the same apps.....

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site
you have a 15 min app return window with the new version...many people are wanting to keep their old market since it was 24 hours

reagan247

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
you have a 15 min app return window with the new version...many people are wanting to keep their old market since it was 24 hours

Google hasn't started this yet, it's still 24hrs until they implement the 15min. At least that's what the purchasing agreement still says and does. It hasn't been updated and I still got the 24hrs time frame on my last refund, which was last night on the new market.

JohnAlpha

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I didn't get the update until yesterday. It basically happened out of nowhere since I had been in the old Market right before it happened. I closed it and then went back in about 5 minutes later for something else, and the new version appeared.

truslide

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
It's weird, after I flashed Myn's and installed appbrain to install all my apps, the new market interface was what i saw when appbrain directed me to the new market. The actual market on my phone on the other hand... isn't new.

I'm sure removing the app from the phone, then opening it should do the trick? Maybe?

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I wonder if newer devices get it earlier or something, seems to have no rhyme or reason behind how different devices get the update.

RickMG

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I was reading this thread just now and looked at my downloads and saw 5 updates (none market). I hit update all and in the middle I got a popup that said the market stopped working and would force close. When I opened it back up the new one was there.

RoadBicyclist

May 16, 2010
Visit site
My wife's EVO didn't have the new market either just about an hour ago, then I decided to update the PRL (it updated from 60671 to 60672) and checked the market again and bam, there it is! Nicer UI, obviously getting it ready for Gingerbread. I hope they open that new Market on the internet soon, but I have to admit Appbrain works really good to search and install apps from the cloud.

My Hero with CM6.1 RC running 2.2 doesn't have the new Market yet, I guess for newer phones it will be pushed sooner.

truslide

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
I got a pop up saying the market wasnt responding and FC'd. When I opened it back up...

still the same.

Speaking of PRL's, anyone know if you can update them on Myn's RLS4? Or will it interfere with the ROM, I know with Vaelpak you could do that...

airportcabbie

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I FINALLY got the new market! I was feeling very left out because I am also still waiting for the evo update. As soon as I saw the new market I checked for the f/w update - NOPE! Still waiting...!

Sent from my EVO with Tapatalk Pro

ShadowKing

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
just got the update myself. a little over an hour ago i downloaded an app, then went back to install it just now and i had the new marketplace. very nice upgrade.