Video Playback After Update

igobytony

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm in the "my videos have always sucked on the EVO" category. I'll get a better card when I can, and hopefully that solves things. Of course, the audio's gonna still suck, but one less thing sucking is always nice. :)

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

splmonster

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
I'm not trying to argue, but you seem to be ignoring that fact that this card recorded and played back HD video flawlessly before the update, something you keep telling me is impossible. If it is the card, I would have had this problem from the beginning, not just since the update. I'm not saying that a faster card won't solve my problem. I'm sure it will. All I'm saying is that this update changed something to make a card not work that had worked fine for 6 months prior. Why should I have to pay for a new card because something changed with the software on my phone?

Again don't think so, just because I have had my hands on many Evo's and never once did a class 2 have smooth HD playback. Because the card is just to slow, cause according to the SD association it only writes at 2mb a second. Which is far to slow for 720p recording and playback. I have done this test and numerous digital cameras and phones. Class 2 just doesn't cut it for HD, and the specs back up those claims. Here is a few sites to read about SD card speeds.

http://camcorders.about.com/od/accessories/a/guide_to_SDHC_camcorder_cards.htm

http://www.kingston.com/flash/sdhc.asp

http://www.onecallblogs.com/2008/04/03/what-sdhc-memory-card-class-means/

jeallen1

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Again don't think so, just because I have had my hands on many Evo's and never once did a class 2 have smooth HD playback. Because the card is just to slow, cause according to the SD association it only writes at 2mb a second. Which is far to slow for 720p recording and playback. I have done this test and numerous digital cameras and phones. Class 2 just doesn't cut it for HD, and the specs back up those claims. Here is a few sites to read about SD card speeds.

Guide to SD/SDHC Camcorder Memory Cards

Kingston Technology Company - Flash Memory - Secure Digital Cards - High-Capacity

What do SDHC memory card class designations mean? | The OneCall Blog

I give up...

justin_aga

May 18, 2010
Visit site
It's annoying that after a Ota we have to go out and spend money on a new SD card when the original was working fine until the update Smh

kuhawksr1

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I give up...

You and I had the exact same experience. Yes, my new class 6 card solved the problem BUT my class 2 card did NOT have the problem until the update. There is still an issue someone needs to solve related to class 2 card performance following the last OS update. EVOs are still shipping with class 2 cards. Every new owner is going to be displeased with HD video playback performance until 1) the OS is fixed to play better on class 2 cards (they fixed this once before, remember) and/or 2) they start shipping new EVOs with a higher class card.

jeallen1

May 18, 2010
Visit site
You and I had the exact same experience. Yes, my new class 6 card solved the problem BUT my class 2 card did NOT have the problem until the update. There is still an issue someone needs to solve related to class 2 card performance following the last OS update. EVOs are still shipping with class 2 cards. Every new owner is going to be displeased with HD video playback performance until 1) the OS is fixed to play better on class 2 cards (they fixed this once before, remember) and/or 2) they start shipping new EVOs with a higher class card.

Thank you! I KNOW it worked fine before the update. Glad (well not really glad) to see it's not just me...

John

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol