I'm returning my Evo because of freezing and restarting issues. I'm still within my thirty days trial period. My question is - Is there any difference between either phones... except the battery cover?
    12-19-2010 06:57 AM
    No difference at all.

Sent from my Evo using tapatalk pro.
    12-19-2010 07:20 AM
    No difference at all.

Sent from my Evo using tapatalk pro.
    Ok, thanks... then i'll just stick with the black one. The white back is too obvious.
    12-19-2010 07:23 AM
    one hardware difference... the backing for the white evo is a smooth plastic surface while the black has a matte finish... I like the smooth surface because of how easy it slides in and out of my pocket.

I know it is nit-picky but something that I consider...
    12-19-2010 11:41 AM
    I have the black Evo, my wife has the white Evo and we have not noticed any differences.
    12-19-2010 12:10 PM
    one hardware difference... the backing for the white evo is a smooth plastic surface while the black has a matte finish... I like the smooth surface because of how easy it slides in and out of my pocket.

I know it is nit-picky but something that I consider...
    That's not a hardware difference, that's a design difference... As far as the hardware, no, theyre all the same.
    12-19-2010 12:19 PM
    their very well be a differece between the one that you are returning and the one you are now getting as they are four different hardware versions out their. I would look for a phone with hardware version 4 and the software 6.30.xxx.x as it has the newer camera and the hardware version 4 and software 6.29.xxx.x has the old camera.
    12-19-2010 01:23 PM
    I wish they made a white extended battery cover for my DInc. I am jealous

Also, I thought you can buy the battery covers from HTC separately as well. Is this right?
    12-19-2010 02:01 PM
    i heard that there waer some type of problems with the screen on black evo when first realeased so they didnt run out of evos they just toook care of the problem and then continue to sell them so i gues white evo might be better
    12-19-2010 05:07 PM
    I wish they made a white extended battery cover for my DInc. I am jealous

Also, I thought you can buy the battery covers from HTC separately as well. Is this right?
    The border around the battery cover is white also.

Your battery cover is too funky for aftermarket covers.

Sent from my myTouch 4G
    12-19-2010 05:26 PM
    The border around the battery cover is white also.

Your battery cover is too funky for aftermarket covers.

Sent from my myTouch 4G
    Yeah I know. Its too funky for cases as well haha. I had to use a razor to cut the back of my silicone case off in order to get some protection. Its a great device but the design for the battery cover is the worst I've ever seen

Sent from my Droid Incredible because I'm too lazy to walk over to my computer.
    12-19-2010 06:47 PM
    Am I the only one that likes the battery cover for the Dinc?
    12-19-2010 06:55 PM
    Also, I thought you can buy the battery covers from HTC separately as well. Is this rierght?
    I spoke to a HTC rep and was told that they didn't sell it, and I should contact my carrier.
    12-19-2010 07:00 PM
    That's not a hardware difference, that's a design difference... As far as the hardware, no, theyre all the same.
    HAHA that is the dumbest statement I have ever heard!! Designs are concepts, which are virtual, and piece of f*cking plastic and its finish is hardware you *****.
    12-19-2010 07:53 PM