So after the update, I've been using Swype for a few days. I also had Swype previously. I have to say that this feels like a downgrade for Swype.

I haven't figured out how to delete words out of the dictionary. The old method does not seem to work (highlight word press the swype key). The word prediction doesn't seem as good. I was trying to install the Beta back onto the phone and I can't figure out how to do that either.

Anyone else not liking the new Swype?
    12-19-2010 10:18 PM
    I never had the beta, but I love Swype. However, I hate the stock ROM. It eats my battery away.

If only I could get Swype on Cyanogen... Oh man that would be awesome. I'm thinking about just going back to Cyanogen w/o Swype, just because I hate the stock ROM battery life. I'm also getting a weird bug today, I tried uninstalling some stock bloatware, but every time I reboot it's back again. Anyone know what might be causing this?
    12-19-2010 10:32 PM
    The official swype works better on my evo to me...

Cant load beta verison on the updated evo per brian who works for swype in the swype forum..that might be temporary because the xda geniuses can figure out how to....
    12-19-2010 10:35 PM
    Is anyone else having problems deleting words from the dictionary?
    12-19-2010 10:43 PM
    I never had the beta, but I love Swype. However, I hate the stock ROM. It eats my battery away.

If only I could get Swype on Cyanogen... Oh man that would be awesome. I'm thinking about just going back to Cyanogen w/o Swype, just because I hate the stock ROM battery life. I'm also getting a weird bug today, I tried uninstalling some stock bloatware, but every time I reboot it's back again. Anyone know what might be causing this?
    Err, if you're not rooted, you can't uninstall most of the bloatware. Which apps are you trying to uninstall?
    12-19-2010 10:45 PM
    I'm definitely enjoying the swype update over the beta. Haven't tried to delete a word from the custom dictionary though...I am having to rebuild my custom dictionary which kinda sucks considering I curse like a sailor.

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G
    12-19-2010 10:52 PM
    Err, if you're not rooted, you can't uninstall most of the bloatware. Which apps are you trying to uninstall?
    I am rooted, installed stock ROM taht was already rooted.
    12-19-2010 11:00 PM
    To delete words from the dictionary.write the word highlight it then push the swype symbol on the keyboard.

Sent From My HTC EVO 4G Using Tapatalk.
    12-19-2010 11:03 PM
    Slideit is much better then swype.and when I feel like typing and not sliding,smart keyboard is great.after using slide it for a while now,swype was just awful in my opinion.

Sent using taptalk.
    12-19-2010 11:28 PM
    Typing out the word I want to delete, highlighting, and pressing the swype button no longer deletes a word. I've tried numerous times. All it does is bring open the word list.
    12-20-2010 10:56 AM
    Typing out the word I want to delete, highlighting, and pressing the swype button no longer deletes a word. I've tried numerous times. All it does is bring open the word list.
    I just deleted a word today it was my first time to do this it worked as you described. By highlighting the word then the swype key started blinking I tap it and a box popped up asking me if I wants to delete the word.

Dave
    12-20-2010 11:12 AM
    No issues with new official Swype compared to beta...
    12-20-2010 12:32 PM
    The one thing I miss the most is the e-motes from the stock keyboard while sending a text.
    12-20-2010 01:47 PM
    I guess I'm the only one with this bug... It's very annoying.
    12-20-2010 04:25 PM
    I'm noticing worse performance with the built in swype. I was able to FLY in the beta...rarely having to look at my phone or correct anything. Now I have to look at the phone and correct almost every word. I'm thinking about going to the GB keyboard unless I can get the new beta.
    12-20-2010 04:28 PM
    I think I figured out my problem. I can add words to the dictionary and then delete them, but I can't delete words that are already in the dictionary. I believe that I was able to do that before.
    12-20-2010 04:32 PM
    The word prediction on swype is horrid. Shapewriter was much better. Too bad development on it is dead.
    12-20-2010 09:00 PM
    I think I figured out my problem. I can add words to the dictionary and then delete them, but I can't delete words that are already in the dictionary. I believe that I was able to do that before.
    I believe that the ability to remove words from the built-in dictionary was a relatively recent addition to the swype BETA. I specifically remember trying to delete words from the built-in dictionary in an older version of the BETA (a couple of months ago) and NOT being able to do it. With the most recent version of the BETA, I AM able to delete built it words.

My guess is that since the stable version of swype included in the OTA is an older version than the current BETA, the ability to delete built-in words is also missing.

Jeff
    12-24-2010 10:57 PM
    one thing Ive noticed with the now native version of Swype and the latest updated Swype is the native Swype version "hidden word" window pops up much often than the beta Swype. with the beta version the "hidden word" window never popped up
    12-25-2010 08:56 AM
    I had an "Unofficial" beta on my Nexus One and got the "Official" beta in late June and have been running that on my EVO since. I installed a new ROM based on the latest Sprint version with Swype preinstalled and I don't notice any difference. No problems deleting words and auto predict is about the same as it was before. Not perfect but over time I have learned what words to manually type out that Swype just does not seem to pick up no matter how slow I try.
    12-25-2010 11:37 AM
    I was getting word suggestion pop up too often. It seemed like every second word it didn't understand what I wanted. I've changed the setting, 'Word choice window' to a less often setting and I'm liking this more.
    I agree though, it seems to me that the beta version read my mind! Could be just a matter of changing the settings and playing with it more.
    12-25-2010 12:51 PM
    Slideit is much better then swype.and when I feel like typing and not sliding,smart keyboard is great.after using slide it for a while now,swype was just awful in my opinion.

Sent using taptalk.
    I had a different experience. I bought SlideIt and used it for several weeks. The thing I missed was the typing the symbol by long pressing A will type the &. SlideIt doesn't offer that. Also trying to type the ( or ), I would have to press the 1/4 key several times to that screen. I was hesitant, actually, lazy to obtain the Swype beta. When I performed the OTA and used Swype, I IMMEDIATELY removed SlideIt. Unfortunately, I was no longer able to received a refund.

I found Swype to be more accurate that SlideIt.
    12-25-2010 05:02 PM
    Try tapping the swype button twice.
    12-27-2010 02:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD