watch rented movies on tv

jbrouer1

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
does anyone know what i am doing wrong? I rented a movie on the blockbuster app, but it will not play through my HDMI cable to my tv, Why?

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site
^^ So, why we even have it then... that just such.

So you can watch it on your phone lol. While being able to play it through HDMI would be awesome the main purpose of it is to watch it on your phone. Put the kickstand to use! lol

I have to admit, I hate how htc restricted the HMDI on the Evo. I wish it was like the Gtab which has an unlocked HDMI :(

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site
So you can watch it on your phone lol. While being able to play it through HDMI would be awesome the main purpose of it is to watch it on your phone. Put the kickstand to use! lol

I have to admit, I hate how htc restricted the HMDI on the Evo. I wish it was like the Gtab which has an unlocked HDMI :(

I REALLY hope the netflix app will allow hdmi out. That'd be pretty weak if they didn't.

splmonster

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site

Everyone restricted the HDMI, not just HTC. Motorola did it as well with the Droid X. It has nothing to do with these companies. It's all about the movie studios, rental companies and HDMI. The licenses are just not there to permit this. No fault on the phone makers...

kamtsa

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Everyone restricted the HDMI, not just HTC. Motorola did it as well with the Droid X. It has nothing to do with these companies. It's all about the movie studios, rental companies and HDMI. The licenses are just not there to permit this. No fault on the phone makers...

Does the Evo's HDMI output supports HDCP? If so, it should not be a problem, right?

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Restrictions - Restrictions... these phones capability isn't being utilize because of all these turd restriction. Ugh!

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site

Well I agree that the phone manufactures restricted it because of pressure from those companies, however, not all products have a restricted HDMI. There's a bunch of tablets out there that have unlocked HDMI. But now that I think about it... none of those have the official market So I wonder if since those tablets dont have official access to their apps, if those companies really just dont care.. Either way... I wish it was unlocked lol... I think the Droid X HDMI was hacked and unlocked. I could be wrong tho..

I REALLY hope the netflix app will allow hdmi out. That'd be pretty weak if they didn't.

I hope so too, but as slmonster said, I'm sure these companies aren't gonna allow it.

splmonster

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Well I agree that the phone manufactures restricted it because of pressure from those companies, however, not all products have a restricted HDMI. There's a bunch of tablets out there that have unlocked HDMI. But now that I think about it... none of those have the official market So I wonder if since those tablets dont have official access to their apps, if those companies really just dont care.. Either way... I wish it was unlocked lol... I think the Droid X HDMI was hacked and unlocked. I could be wrong tho..

I hope so too, but as slmonster said, I'm sure these companies aren't gonna allow it.

Yeah it was hacked, but still nothing official. As for the Evo supporting HDCP..?? No it does not from what I know. Usually my TV tells me upon plugging a device in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
educationalco22