Just got the EVO

theshaz

Nov 27, 2009
Visit site
Hello EVO forum....I have been lurking in here for several weeks. I came over from the Verizon side. My wife used to work for VZW and the employee discount was nice. She got a better job and I have a 30% Sprint discount thru my job.

I had a Moto Droid since Dec last year - loved the phone, before that I was a WinMo puke. When we switched to Sprint tried the Intercept and it stunk up the joint. Sent it back we both did the wife and I and got EVO's. They arrived today.

From reading the forums I know about the phones power and its Achilles' heel, battery life. One of the 1st things I will order is the Seidio 3500mah extended battery. I have used their products and from the reviews it wil solve the power issue.

I will root mine - dunno about the wife's phone. One thing I liked from my ole WinMo days was trying out different ROM's - The Dev commuinity is strong on this device so things should be fun.

So if I ask a stupid question please forgive me.

TheShaz

evoKY

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
You will love the Sedio extended 3500..it really unleashes the Evo. I've been unplugged for about 13hrs today and still have 78% remaining.

SeanBlader

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I took the 3500mah to Orlando and left the GPS tracker on the whole trip practically kept pretty good track of my 4 to 5 mile walking everyday while on vacation at the parks, plugged in at the hotel overnight, with the hotspot running. The Evo was brilliant. Back home I put back in the stock battery since I can plug in all day at work.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
IMO read the forums and give the EVO a chance before you buy and install that monstrously ugly battery and/or root. also see the battery tips thread.

you might be pleasantly surprised.

enjoy and good luck.

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Welcome!! As far as the battery stuff, like Gekko said, if you keep an eye on things you should have good battery life. Personally I think the Seido extended battery cover looks absolutely horrible. But you can't beat the extra battery life. As far as rooting, read read read! Rooting seems to have gotten a little more annoying and even complicating since the last two updates. If you follow the stickies in the hacks section along with reading as much as you can, it shouldn't be an issue at all. There's a bunch of us that hang around in the hacks section so if you ever have an issues specific to rooting, just go to the hacks section and ask away. You'll get a response pretty quick. Enjoy your Evo!!

Jason Black

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
I took the 3500mah to Orlando and left the GPS tracker on the whole trip practically kept pretty good track of my 4 to 5 mile walking everyday while on vacation at the parks, plugged in at the hotel overnight, with the hotspot running. The Evo was brilliant. Back home I put back in the stock battery since I can plug in all day at work.

The back cover on that thing makes the phone look huge.

Sent From Tapatalk.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12