New facebook app

ldubs12

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
On the new facebook app I get a noise on my phone when somebody post on my wall or comment something, but I wont get a noise for chat. At first i got them but now i dont. Does anybody know how to fix this

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I never got the sound for chat, and I never ever get a notification if someone posts on my wall or comments, did you enable that somewhere?

EVO1Android

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I never got the sound for chat, and I never ever get a notification if someone posts on my wall or comments, did you enable that somewhere?

I do not get notifications either. I searched and also looked and could not find anywhere to enable/disable notifications.

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
On the new facebook app I get a noise on my phone when somebody post on my wall or comment something, but I wont get a noise for chat. At first i got them but now i dont. Does anybody know how to fix this
Bring up the PC site(Full Page) of your face book page. Go into settings and then notifications - there you can disable or enable what notifications sent to your phone.

Good Luck -

ldubs12

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
But thats not for the app thought, thats for like regular phones lol... and for the people with no sound for wall post go to settings then notifications ringtone

ldubs12

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
Well maybe its the phones. My friend has the epic on 2.1 and he gets the noise for chat. And im on the EVo and I don't get the noise.

project.in.process

May 18, 2010
Visit site
i don't like the new facebook app--mainly because now i get notifications on anything that happens in facebook

i tried disabling all notifications through the app, settings-unchecking Notifications box
but it still pushes the notifiers onto my status bar. they're really annoying

i went to -account settings- and -notifications- on the facebook full page but there is a very limited amount of options.

there has to be a way to disable these, i hate getting emails for these items AND notifications.

it would seem like an oversight on the dev team for not providing this option. but then again---it is facebook and it's not very customizing friendly.