Adding a website/url address to contacts

b0x3r

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
does anyone know how to add a website/url address to a contact on the phone .. i know this can be done via gmail.com and editing the contacts that way ... but i cant seem to find a way to do it on the phone itself ... even after adding the website to a contact i try tapping the address and it does nothing ... any help/advice would be appreciated !

thanks in advance !

project.in.process

May 18, 2010
Visit site
does anyone know how to add a website/url address to a contact on the phone .. i know this can be done via gmail.com and editing the contacts that way ... but i cant seem to find a way to do it on the phone itself ... even after adding the website to a contact i try tapping the address and it does nothing ... any help/advice would be appreciated !

thanks in advance !

the phone contact list will not allow you to add a Website to the contact itself, unless you place it in the "Notes" section of the Contact. This is contrary to the "Website" information section that gmail allows in its online web client.
both of these options will also not allow the URL to be activated and open an internet search engine.

one option, though pricey, would be to use a program like Tasker to automatically open the internet browser whenever you click on a string of letters/words that begin with "www.", but that is purchasing an entire app for only one function---though you would undoubtedly find other uses for it in time.